Electrical shutdown

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
B18mpc

Post by B18mpc »

Hi all. I’ve got a lot a Land Rover discovery 2018 2.0 std. 2 months ago I was in a car wash, when a load of electrical faults came up on the dashboard, the seat belt error, childlocks, central locking, deployable sidesteps, airbags, rear boot, all came up, turned off the ignition to get out (to let the car wash hoover), then nothing worked at all when I went to get back in, after 30 mins of blocking the exit to the car wash, the key decided to work again, the car wasn’t working 100%, but managed to drive it out of the way of the exit. I waited for the breakdown truck to turn up, which by now the car totally shutdown again, even the steering wheel lock came on, sonto be able to recover the car, the technician disconnected the battery so the steering wheel lock didn’t kick in again. It was delivered to my local dealer who let it sit for a week until they looked at it, which by then there was nothing wrong with the car and couldn’t find a fault, they even put it through the car wash themselves to see if it was a water leak fault. As they couldn’t find anything wrong they told me to video it if it happens again, the wife has got the car today and has just phoned me to say it’s happened again, but not as bad as before, and the car is still drivable, it just had a tantrum. Any ideas what it could be would be much appreciated, as Land Rover Liverpool haven’t got a clue. Thanks

pwuk

Post by pwuk »

There is a known fault where the windscreen leaks and this damages electrics.

Mine just had a windscreen replacement under warranty.
alickpetit

Post by alickpetit »

We have had the similar Electrical shutdown issue. What was the outcome/ solution from LR
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

As mentioned above it is a known problem, take it to the dealer as sooj as possible before any serious damage is done to the electronics.

If there are those sorts of issues then those will obviously have to be fixed as well. under warrabty.