HOW LONG UNTIL YOU CAN REJECT A CAR?

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
SKOVBORG

Post by SKOVBORG »

Hi - currently have the car in with Grange Hatfield with the infotainment issues - service department have said this is the first sort of issue raised in the UK and have no no real idea on how to fix it and are talking to The Factory engineers about it - however they have said they have no real idea on how long it will take to repair.

my question is.... how long do they have to fix the car before i can say, enough is enough and request the car be logged as defective and start work on getting a full time replacement, etc?

some have said 30 days from the car being in for repair and others have said that i have no rights - any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Andy

Disco5 - HSE - Santorini Black - Mar'18 Plate

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

What are the issues and what version software is installed 18D is the latest with rumours of 19A being available soon.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Its funny that because when i took my car in for an early service. I was also the only one having this problem.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
SKOVBORG

Post by SKOVBORG »

Hi - was driving down the motorway and the infotainment unit went off as well as the digital dash. completely off - not just a loading screen, just off. havent come back on since.

software is the very latest and greatest as the Landy Assist technician loaded it up but still nothing.

its funny how these faults are "first time we have seen this!".