Phase 4 Update - 18C: Apple CarPlay Issue with iPhone XS

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
vineetnangia

Post by vineetnangia »

Phase 4 Update - 18C: Apple CarPlay Issue with iPhone XS

Subject: Phase 4 Update - 18C: Apple CarPlay Issue with iPhone XS

Issue
======
When we connect apple CarPlay and then pull the cable out to disconnect phone (instead LR icon on CarPlay display). Does anyone of your screen freezes (bricks!) ? and then you connect back again nothing happens
Has anyone had this kind of experience with apple CarPlay ?

Cause
=======
My new iPhone XS with Landrover Phase 4 Update - 18C causes Infotainment (ICTP) Bricks out when cable is pulled out in between when CarPlay is on screen . It doesn’t happens with iPhone 7 and iPhone 5S with latest iOS version 12.0.1
Has anyone experienced this ?
Anyway I will log a ticket with Topix and iOS Dev team. Mainly fault lies with Apple

Workaround for iPhone XS: None. Shut the car, lock and wait for 5 mins for system to reboot :(

vineetnangia

Post by vineetnangia »

I have contacted the Apple Support, they are clear with their guideline.

Apple simply said on their chat support, they don't have any Land Rover supporting document for CARPLAY! (common what JLR is doing just making luxury cars with no brains!)?

I have tried with iPhone 7 and iPhone 5S, carplay perfectly works and disconnecting the cable while carplay screen is on....no issues with old phones.

i have to admit. JLR are poor in software support.
vineetnangia

Post by vineetnangia »

*****Update 17 OCT 18******
After toggling between Apple Support and LR Support. I can't find any reason to blame on Phase 4 Update - 18C. This is the system mostly have the bug fixes. This time culprit was Apple iCloud Backup which has been carried along from iPhone 7, iPhone 8 to iPhone XS and Apple Support concluded that iCloud backup has been corrupt which is causing the InControl Touch Pro to freeze and not charginge at second time when un-plug the cable during the operation of CarPlay.

Hence, I have to Restore the iPhone as New Phone and manually add all third party apps one by one.

As a new phone no more issue and enjoying the drive with Apple CarPlay

Next expectation for another stable update for Phase 4 or Phase 5 is "Wireless Apple Carplay" and "Wireless Charging"

ISSUE RESOLVED