Electric lower tailgate failed

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Hi,

When I opened the boot to let the dog out the lower tail gate only partially opened.

I can manually move it up and down and was wondering if there was a reset or is it another trip ti the dealer?

Cheers
Jim

red5

Post by red5 »

Mine has done it on a number of occasions
Have just manually lowered it and it works again for 6mths.
Put it down to the clever computer boffins at land rover.
They would have more success of getting it right if they pssed it over to the local infant school.
SVR

Post by SVR »

I've had the same issue with the tailgate flap on my 17 reg HSE. Doesn't move at all now. Also my tailgate will only open a fraction with the remote key. LR have told me it's a motor senior issue. Awaiting new tailgate motor this week.
HENDE545

Post by HENDE545 »

Has anyone had issues with the lower tailgate hinges breaking - Mine has broken for 2nd time and LR are refusing to contemplate a warrranty claim as the hinge is chipped due to small of pieces of gravelgetting trapped between teh tailgate and the loadspace trim? It causes the tailgate to jam causing the tailgate not to close.
davidjanstyles

Post by davidjanstyles »

My tailgate lower section moves outward when closing the tailgate. This then fouls the lowering top gate which then reopens.
I can push the nearside end of the lower tailgate back uptown the hing and then it can be closed manually.On reopening again the lower tailgate moves away from the hinge and again fouls the upper tailgate on closing.
Ay suggestions on how to cure the problem?
David
davidjanstyles

Post by davidjanstyles »

Turns out that the hinge has snapped, apparently due to small stone dropping down onto the hinge. The has now happened twice and LR are not interested,,no surprise. The hing is a casting that is just not man enough. Next time I will have a hinge made up in stainless, will be cheaper.