Wheel Change

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Pask

Post by Pask »

Hello, this maybe a silly Question. If a wheel is taken of my Discovery 5, if the LR workshop connects into my Discovery’s computer, does it register any activity?? 🙏🏻.

I’ve had my Disco since Jan18, 6 miles on the clock, Brand New. Our First road trip 2 weeks ago, the night before it was displaying the PSI was slightly low, pumped it up, Nxt morning had gone down slightly, 3 hours driving it had gone down a little more, once we were on ferry I found a tyre fitter on the island, drove straight there...... our front Right tyre had a Plug in it already!! Now I have not had a puncture ever in it, our Dealership are stating the tyre had no damage!. I’m just waiting for LR to get back to me.
I’m just hoping the Computer is super clever and I can prove that no wheels have ever been removed since I’ve had the car.
Thanks in advance

5imon

Post by 5imon »

I doubt it tracks wheel changes. It’s just a tyre pressure monitor. The fact you have a repaired tyre in a brand new car is very concerning though.

Your dealer needs to replace it when you get home.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

As above unlikely this would be monitored. Also can't see how a repaired tyre could enter the supply chain at the factory. Seems a bit of a mystery. Keep us posted.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.