Tailgate problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Agsewell

Post by Agsewell »

Hi,
Is anyone else having a problem with their tailgate opening by itself? At first, I thought I may have accidentally pressed the key fob release button, but it has happened a few times now. It even happened the other day while the vehicle was parked, releasing our dogs into on coming traffic!

Davidls

Post by Davidls »

:? Not experienced that! What MY and model is your car?
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Not had this problem but the button in the boot that operates the inner tailgate has fallen inside the switchgear panelling- will add to list of warranty items !
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Hi not had tailgate open randomly but mine closes regularly on me actually drew blood last week as it cracked me right on sharp bits . Reminds me of arkrights till om open all hrs 😂😂
Dpetchey

Post by Dpetchey »

I've had this problem for months! So annoying, randomly opening and closing with no warning at all.
We now won't park close to anything just in case.
It's been into the dealer countless times for the same problem but no change. It's actually quite dangerous and Land Rover don't seem at all bothered.
This may be the last Land Rover I buy which is a shame as it's my 5th, but the customer service is non existent.
Vicmel

Post by Vicmel »

Purchased a new Disco 5 in October 2017 and have had problems with the tailgate opening by itself (and closing). This was happening on at least a weekly basis, sometimes a couple of times a day.

The vehicle has been in to the local dealership twice and on both occasions they say no fault shows up on their diagnostics. Although the last time it was in it happened whilst it was in their workshop, as the technician walked round the back of the vehicle with the key in his pocket (although they are now changing their account of this).

The gesture tailgate sensor was deactivated by the garage 4 months ago and we have not had a single problem during this time.

Still waiting for them to admit there's a fault, replace the faulty sensor. Shocking customer service so far!!