Touch button to access CD and Hidden Storage + LOOKING FOR COMPENSATION

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Hi All,

Can anyone help?
I have a 67 plate discovery 5 and the release button to access the CD and Hidden Storage has failed.
Does anyone know, how to release it?

Land Rover Assist have said that I will need to sign a waver that if they damage the unit or anything surrounding it, they cannot be held responsible.
I would have to pay for any damage and repair.
I am now really fed up with what appears to be a lemon, had it 9 months and its been in to the dealership about 7 times for various things
1) mainly Oil Dilution - even though 65% of my driving is long distance over 40 miles and some over 90 miles (one way on a Motorway).
2) The DEF system (Tank and system replaced) in January
3) DEF fluid had to be topped up in February
The intelligent Folding Seats option has not worked for a long time and Land Rover, cannot find a solution.

Anyone have any ideas as to what they would do in my situation?

Regards
Sanjivsai

5imon

Post by 5imon »

Regards the seat fold issue. The new InControl Touch Pro Phase 4 software update has many bug fixes for Intelligent Seat Fold. Have your dealer apply this.

Your hidden cubby issue is ‘fixed’ so at least the dealer can now investigate and fix it fully. There is a technical bulletin about this issue so they will know what to do.

DEF will need regular too ups depending on driving style. Will last around 4,500 to 5,000 miles before needing a top up. It’s £30 if your not on a service plan. It’s a consumable like washer fluid and is just as easy to do yourself.

Cheers
Gam

Post by Gam »

5imon wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:00 am Regards the seat fold issue. The new InControl Touch Pro Phase 4 software update has many bug fixes for Intelligent Seat Fold. Have your dealer apply this.

Your hidden cubby issue is ‘fixed’ so at least the dealer can now investigate and fix it fully. There is a technical bulletin about this issue so they will know what to do.

DEF will need regular too ups depending on driving style. Will last around 4,500 to 5,000 miles before needing a top up. It’s £30 if your not on a service plan. It’s a consumable like washer fluid and is just as easy to do yourself.

Cheers
Simon, do you know what the TSB fix is for the hidden cubby sticking?
5imon

Post by 5imon »

LTB01121 - Front Stowage Compartment Not Opening
Monty2029

Post by Monty2029 »

Hi All, my 68 plate HSE luxury has also develop tha fault of CD compartment not opening. Current infotainment software is S18C-
Is there a fix I can perform is it visit to the dealer?
sampath

Post by sampath »

saCD compartment not opening. When its was press with your nail (inside) to aside and it opens. Dealer says some washers and that stuff need to be replaced