Remote App Issues - Climate

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

Hi,

New to forum and hoping someone can assist.

I have tried two local dealerships who haven't come up with a solution yet.

I own a 2 month old discovery commercial vehicle so only the two front windows raise and lower the rear ones don't have that capability..

When I try to use the Remote Climate section of the app I get an error message saying

"An error has occurred with Remote Climate. The window is open"

One dealership stated I should lower both front windows hold both buttons for min 10 secs and this would reset sensors but hasn't resolved issue. Other one said its an app issue and dealerships don't get involved with that..

I have also mentioned to both that there is a lot of wind noise at motorway speeds from both rear doors and I'm wondering if the windows haven't been fully shut when constructed in the factory?

Any assistance would be appreciated as I'm really enjoying the vehicle but would be handy if I could get this app working.. I'm also looking to see if anyone else has experience the wind noise from rear windows but will search site first and post a separate topic if it hasn't been covered before.

I should also state the rest of the app works fine so its not a login issue.

Thanks in advance

Iain

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Can't say I have experienced any excessive wind noise from the rear windows. Other than that I can't help you sorry. Have you contacted LR Customer care with relation to the app?
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

Thanks for reply I haven't contacted them yet but will do

Thanks
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

Spoke to customer services so they have booked into an alternative dealership earliest availability to get courtesy car is mid Aug so hopefully get it resolved then. Will provide an update in due course
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hope they get you sorted.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

Quick update car was in LR dealership for 2 days and still no further forward.. They have admitted that there is some wind noise but claim it is acceptable.. when I went to collect car I was asked to delete in control remote app & reinstall.. needless to say that hasn't sorted error message appearing..
Spoke with LR central booking and going back in.. getting bit frustrating now even thinking of purchasing some additional rubber sealant tape to put under existing seals on door to see if that helps..
When I was reinstalling the app I read the reviews and this error message appears in a few of the reviews so it doesn't just look like a localised fault with my car..
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

Further update. Issue with in control climate has finally been resolved with a lot of coming and going between the dealership and LR Technical dept which will be a great addition as we come into the winter months.

Both rear windows have had the channel seals replaced and wind noise has been greatly reduced.

Understand the dealership has had a few others with the in control climate issue so hopefully others should be able to get it sorted as well now, believe it was a glitch in the software which has now been resolved.
tommy r

Post by tommy r »

hi there.

I also have a disco commercial and have the same window error.

the dealer have had the car for 3 weeks almost.
sigh..

they don't seem to be anywhere near understanding it yet either.

do these dealers not communicate?
Iaink123

Post by Iaink123 »

I don't think the dealers do.. but it was Taggarts Land Rover in Motherwell who co-ordinated the repair but it was all directed via Land Rover Technical department seemed to take them ages as there responses were sporadic but if they have sorted the issue on mine then surely that would flag up on their systems..

Hope you get it sorted soon and get car back on road..
Evans1089

Post by Evans1089 »

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the commercial model meant to be used as a van? If you left rear windows open, tools could be taken easier? Perhaps that’s the reasoning the ability to open all the windows isn’t available.