Gearbox Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Has anyone else had issues with a Gearbox Fault? At about 50 KM I had my first one, was not even home from the dealership. They replaced a piece of electronics under my gear selector and told me it was a factory recall. About a month or two later it happened again and I was told it was a problem in the wiring to said piece of electronics this time, and replaced all the wiring. Now it is happening again.

When this happens you cannot shift out of Drive. I have to shut the car off, try to start it again and it won't since the car is not in park, so I need to bring it up in Aux mode, when it will eventually realize that it should be in park, switch itself to park, and then I can shut it down again and restart it.

I don't know whether this is just my D5 or if it's a common D5 problem, but I haven't seen anyone else post about it.

Thanks!

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

1st I've heard of this. Also never heard of starting up in aux mode. What is this and how do you do it?
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Yes, it seems to be just mine. :( Which is good, I guess, except for me.

I could be calling it something wrong, but it the equivalent of turning the key until everything comes on, except for starting the engine. If you press the start button without your foot on the gas, all systems come online, except the engine.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Ok got you. I believe the manual refers to switching on the ignition. Have you put your query to other LR D5 sites?
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.