Rear camera / parking sensor clash

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
phillavis

Post by phillavis »

LR suggested that a software update would probably solve the problem, however, did not have time to load it!

5imon

Post by 5imon »

5imon wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 pm Car back. Rear camera so far seems faster to appear and had no failure to activate yet. Will let you know how it goes.
To add - the update seems to have fixed it. Camera fires up fast and doesn’t now disappear as soon as you select D. Manoeuvres are now so much easier now I can see what’s behind me reliably.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Do you have 360 PDC?
5imon

Post by 5imon »

No. Just the rear camera. Was crap before. Now it’s super fast (even works before the ICTP has fully started now) and stays on longer when manoeuvring.
Darvus

Post by Darvus »

Thanks 5imon and all, looks like I’ll have to get an update. Had a few occasions now when it just cuts back to the home screen mid reverse. Sad thing is you kind of get used to it and revert to the old fashioned using mirrors option, but that’s not what you pay for. Defo seems like surround sensors and cameras are a waste of money, by the time they’ve fired up you’ve probably been murdered by one of the other drivers waiting for you to manoeuvre!
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

Occasionally my HSE Lux has the same problem. Was repaired once, but problem came back a couple of months later.