Vibration between 80-110 kph / 50-70 mph

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
zurichrich

Post by zurichrich »

I have a Discovery 5 TDV6 2017 early model. In 7 or 8th gear between 50-70mph on slight incline with engine pulling at low revs eg 1500rpm there is a significant vibration coming from the drive train. Its defo not wheel balancing!! If I change down to 6th / increase the revs then the vibration reduces. Has anyone else with a TDV6 seen this problem. My dealer claims 'they all do this', even the Range Sports with the same drive train. But I am not so sure. Please shout if you have a TDV6 that does or doesn't do this...!

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I have a March 2018 D5 HSE Lux, and have never had anything like that.

The speed you are mentioning (50-70 mph), is probably the most popular kinds of speed I do every day, so if i'd had any kind of vibration like that i'd have complained loudly to LR!

Sounds like you are being given excuses, I would definitely get them to diagnose properly!
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I have a 3litre 2017 can't say I have experienced this.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Hopkinste

Post by Hopkinste »

I haven’t had this either
zurichrich

Post by zurichrich »

Thanks all. I will go back to the garage....
Discohead

Post by Discohead »

Me two on 2ltr HSE version and work with garage for 6 weeks to see could it be resolved, drove 3ltr for a few days while mine was in and it had the same issue, after 6 weeks got my money back and went back to a disco 4,
zurichrich

Post by zurichrich »

Hi @DiscoHead - what sorts of things did your dealer try to fix it? Thanks....
IJP

Post by IJP »

I rejected my first Disco 5 due to a persistent oil leak from the gearbox. My 3.0 courtesy car had like a drumming, not felt through the steering wheel, more through the car at 60 -70. When my new 2.0 D5 arrived it exhibits the same issues. I’ve had it back in to have rear wheels rebalanced and wheel alignment but no faults found. Feels almost like a tyre issue... it’s like a rumbling at 60 - 70. Still not fixed but living with it currently having already rejected one vehicle! Let me know if you get yours fixed!
Qwertyd5

Post by Qwertyd5 »

I’d dealer is saying they all do this, why don’t they just take you for a quick spin in a demo and prove it?
gellery

Post by gellery »

I have a similar issue which is now 9 months in the running. It's in for a 3 day spell now to try to identify the issue and resolve it. Sounds similar to IJP's reported problem - I have a 'whom-whom-whom-whom' running down under engine braking from 75-65mph. Does it in neutral as well but less pronounced.

If I get anywhere, I'll post on here!