Stolen spare wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Davidls

Post by Davidls »

I’d like to get one of those plates, where should I be looking to purchase one?

kits80

Post by kits80 »

I've had a spare wheel protector from RLD since July last year. Last week the car went in for it's first service and they replaced it with the LR plate. They left the RLD one in the car, and I've left the LR one on since last week but as mentioned above I don't feel it is as secure as you can still see the attachment to the cable through the middle of the wheel where as the RLD one covers everything. Think I'll switch back.
kits80

Post by kits80 »

Davidls wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm Hi,
I have a D5 MY18 and from TOPix see that the N071v3 is still an Outstanding Campaign for my vehicle. The sales manager says he spoke to the technician that did the work and that they completed the job but haven’t updated the system yet. Having looked underneath there appears to be the wheel and the 3”-4” long metal shaft which is about 1” diameter and no plate or anything there. Does anyone know what the LR ‘fix’ looks like?
Hi. This is the LR plate. Sorry it is upside down.

CEC3B858-F5B4-44E3-9772-465D8A5B7F72.jpeg

Davidls

Post by Davidls »

The picture is brilliant, I don’t have one of those. Going to beat up on LR now, they swear black is blue that the fix has been done.
I have ordered an RLD device today, far more secure looking than the LR fix.
It’s not going to the dealership until 21st, now it’s a constant worry about the spare wheel going missing 😞
Deleted User 523

Post by Deleted User 523 »

I believe the LR security device can still be cut were the one from RLD carnt and it looks better, it certainly looks more secure.
dalealexj

Post by dalealexj »

Make sure you get this actioned asap. I took my car in for a service this week and they noted that the wheel had been stolen. Around 1300 to replace the item and winch. The dealer said that even the anti theft guard wasn’t foolproof and his advice was to keep the spare wheel in the boot. This is a big defect in the LR proposition. Some scumbag can remove the wheel and set you back 1300 each time. Might be time to look elsewhere for something without such a design gap.
vineetnangia

Post by vineetnangia »

Can anyone provide me the link of Uncle Ray (RLD Spare wheel protector), to get one of these spare wheel protector.
and does it fit properly with 21" tyres?