Suspension fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Hrex

Post by Hrex »

I feel like the rear suspension on my 3.0D is not performing properly (specially rear left). When I for example go over a speed bump It makes a squeaking noise, like I have á faulty shock absorber.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Six months ago I received a suspension fault error, but was told it was just a software issue.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I think there is recall out for suspension (software update ) check topex.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Fritzz

Post by Fritzz »

I've had mine since August and the rear suspension just started to squeak as you mentioned. It's most noticeable at relatively slow speeds on bouncy roads or when going over speed bumps. Hard for me to tell which side it is. Any resolution on yours?
Hrex

Post by Hrex »

...sounds exactly like the problem I have. I’m having my car serviced in a months time. Hopefully they will figure out whats going on then.

My car was called in for a suspension fault software update - but it didn’t fix the problem.
Fritzz

Post by Fritzz »

I took mine to the dealer yesterday. I was informed today that there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) related to squeaks in the rear suspension. The dealer said repair parts were on back order ( here in the USA) and they are researching timing. Not sure what specifically needs replacing but I’ll ask for details. At least they are aware of the problem.
Hrex

Post by Hrex »

My dealership recognised the problem. I was told that a suspension bracket was loose.On the invoice this was noted as a “suspension reinforcement”.

It at least fixed the suspension problem and I was told without further damage.