Oil Cooler Leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
MikeyG48

Post by MikeyG48 »

Strange one this - my Discovery was in to have some cosmetic problems fixed but the dealer noticed an oil leak which was traced to the engine oil cooler. Parts were on back order (unsurprisingly as you wouldn't expect a failure so soon). Now they can't get the 'O' rings! Does anyone know if they're anything special? They obviously want to fit the right bits but 'O' rings are not exactly high tech - you would think they could get them from Halfords! Car off road for two weeks now...

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Sadly not all o rinģs the same. Different materials different hardness (shore). Also whilst they are calling them o rings maybe shaped. I assume you have been provided with a loan vehicle. So not in anyones intrest to delay unnecessarily. Thats not to say i wouldn't be very peed off.😁
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
MikeyG48

Post by MikeyG48 »

Understood CraigP - but unless they've stopped production they must be available lineside. Shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to get some in an envelope and to the dealer!
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Are you crazy!! Big companies dont work like that. That would be far too easy.🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.