Dual dash cam (Front & Rear)

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Dear All,
I am looking to buy a dual (Front & Rear) dash cam for my discovery 5.
After research, it appears that Blackvue DR750S-2CH (32Gb) with
Power Magic Pro is a market leader. Does anyone have any experience
with this make or can recommend another brand?
Can anyone recommend an installer in North London?

Thanks in advance
Sanjiv

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Hi Sanjiv, i've had experience of Blackvue dash cams, unfortunately they weren't very good experiences.

I bought a DR650 to put on my previous D4, however it kept telling me to format the SD card in it every other day (Even though I tried a number of different, Blackvue supported ones). I got terrible support from Blackvue, who just told me that this was expected, so ended up taking it back. After all isn't the idea of a dash cam to switch it on and forget it until its needed!?

Anyway, I tried few dash cams along the way, including the Blackvue, Snooper, Nextbase and Mio ones. Ending up paying a little more and getting a FineVu one. The FineVu's are quite a bit more expensive, but we have 2 in the family and they have never gone wrong and saved our insurance twice now. Not that easy to get hold of as they are a Korean company, however eBay and Amazon sometimes have them. I think the company now ships to the UK?

My son has just started driving and he decided on the new Garmin 55, which seems a good one too.

They are something you put in and forget about, but I would recommend taking the time to read loads of reviews and get recommendations too, after all they could save you a hell of a lot of money one day, if they work well and do their job!
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Thank you for your detailed reply.
Very useful.
the_wilb

Post by the_wilb »

I have the blackview 650 and it has never gone wrong. Very satisfied
Murphy108

Post by Murphy108 »

I've Recently fitted a Blackvue 750s (front & rear) to my D5, no reliability problems at all. I've just done a 2500m round trip and no issues also never overheated unlike my previous 650s.

Very easy to DIY fit as well

Now got Blackvues in all our cars, even saved my Daughter from a bogus insurance claim. :D
davidjanstyles

Post by davidjanstyles »

Which magazine have done a test on different types. Might be useful.