Infotainment issues related to how old the car is?

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
DiscoTime

Post by DiscoTime »

Seems to be a lot of post about the less than ideal infotainment systems in the D5, but there are also many people who it works fine for. This makes we wonder if there is a newer version of hardware that JLR have introduced (and then blame software), so it would be great if you could post when you received your Disco relative to the issues...

So to start this off my car was delivered in April last year, it's a HSE and I get sporadic Sat Nav issue (says "Navigation not available" or just hangs in the loading screen of the navigation, my iPhone works as often as not via the InControl App, and some of the time won't connect for phone call functions, the same for playing music on BT. It went back in July for a software update that made no real difference...

A colleague at work has just got a new RR SPort which appears to have the same system but it's loads faster with none of these issues...

Cheers

John

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I have a HSE delivered March 2017.

The screen was replaced June 2017 after reporting that it sometimes suddenly became blank as I was driving along.
I am on V3 of the infotainment software installed in December and do not has RSE.
Not sure what you mean about iPhone and the app.

My iphone 7 on latest version of iOS and apps work OK. The seat fold does not work with the app if the car is dormant for a ??? hours.
Yet to work out how long that is.