Software fault - no upgrade, no communication

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Dickster

Post by Dickster »

D5 HSE 3/17. Loss of all sound on media system and parking sensors. Booked into Hereford LR after a 9 day wait only to be told they are waiting for a software upgrade to fix the problem. No information on how long I’ll have to wait.
I am told a number of D5s have this fault. Very irritating!

richl812

Post by richl812 »

We have had that for since new and our car has been in and out of the dealer. JLR created a new software release for our car and it trashed the computer so a new one had to be fitted. Serious problems occurred including heated seats overheating, infotainment crashing / taking ages to startup, sat nav accuracy and then air con failure.

We have now rejected the car and a new one is on orders .....
Dickster

Post by Dickster »

Sorry to hear you've had a nightmare car. Mine was fault free for 9 months. Out of interest how old was your car when you rejected it and how many miles had you covered?
DiscoTime

Post by DiscoTime »

Yup - I have similar issues, not as drastic as yours in that the radio still works, and I can play USB music, but the BT playing from iPhone is sporadic at best and the navigation works some of the time.

I had my car booked in last week (had to wait 6 weeks for the appointment) but the dealer called me the day before to say no point coming in as the software update isn't here yet and they are expecting it end Feb / early March.

Frankly disgusted with the quality of the infotainment in the D5, this is my first JLR car and I suspect will be my last. Such a shame as the rest of the car is amazing, but this level of quality on something you use all the time is shocking