Software updates and vehicle recalls by Land Rover.

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Allen

Post by Allen »

Good Evening,
I have a Discovery 5 HSE and am curious to know if my vehicle requires any software updates or has any defects that have resulted in Land Rover issuing a general vehicle recall for parts to be replaced.

I can ask one of the Dealerships for this information but it would be interesting to personally access the vehicle database on the Land Rover site to see what is required rather than rely on the Land Rover Dealerships to make the intial contact.

Any help or guidance on how to access this information would be greatly appreciated.

With kindest regards to all.
Allen.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Have you registered on Topix yet? There you can see all the updates listed, it is free to just browse the btitles.

Also you can register to check the service record of your car https://osh.landrover.com/login?back=%2 ... land-rover
Allen

Post by Allen »

Hi JIMBG,
Many thanks for the link to Topix.
Have registered and can see 5 recall campaigns so will check them out with the service dept and book the car in for updates.
Surprised LR have not made contact which is disappointing for recalls.
Thanks for the help - greatly appreciated.
Allen
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Hi All,
I also have a Discovery 5 and would like to know when the Software updates and vehicle recalls occur.
I have registered for the OSH, and thought I could register for Topix, but may have the wrong link (https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topi ... lookupForm), as this is for retailers and dealers only.
Can someone provide me with the correct link.
Many thanks in advance.
Sanjiv
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

You can register and input your VIN and see all the document descriptions, you can only read the actual documents if you pay.

The descriptions are enough to see if your problem is listed, or maybe problems you did not realise were on your car!

Not the easiest site to navigate, but worth the effortt.
sanjivsai

Post by sanjivsai »

Thank you
richl812

Post by richl812 »

Just remember DONT PAY for more information if your vehicle needs the update. If there is a recall there, call your dealer as they will have all the information free of charge, they dont like booking you in for just one update if it is cosmetic or minor and you havent reported the issue,

It was a software update that literally killed my Disco 5.
Dirty Trucker

Post by Dirty Trucker »

richl812 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 pm Just remember DONT PAY for more information if your vehicle needs the update. If there is a recall there, call your dealer as they will have all the information free of charge, they dont like booking you in for just one update if it is cosmetic or minor and you havent reported the issue,

It was a software update that literally killed my Disco 5.
what do you mean killed it