InControl Remote - Does yours work?

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5

Have you seen InControl Remote issues with your new Discovery?

No - it works 100% of the time, every time.
26%
Yes - It works some of the time, but is unreliable.
58%
Yes - It never works.
16%

Total votes: 19

Bradpr

Post by Bradpr »

Is anyone else having trouble with inControl Remote features? My remote lock/unlock/climate/seat folds are extremely unreliable. They might work 30% of the time. I bought my D5 HSE Lux 3 months ago. My dealer has had it, attempting to get InControl to work for an entire month during this time. They seem thoroughly stumped by the issues, and JLR also seems to not have any good ideas on fixing it.

The dealer has replaced my entire telematics system. So, I cannot see how the issue is localized to my car. I feel strongly that it is within the InControl cloud services. If my theory is true, then many others should be experiencing the same issues.

Please reply to this poll with your experience with InControl remote apps

GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I’ve had a fair amount of trouble with in control and voice recognition, apparently, so I am told, there Is a major soft wear up date due out on the 7th Dec which will “ solve the incontrol problems” so I have been told by my dealer (listers~Droitwich). My HSE has been back 4 times and already had three soft ware updates. So we will see ....
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

After a few 'issues' with setting up the InControl route mapping side, all of my InControl stuff seems to be working fine (got my fingers crossed!).

I must admit after all the problems i've had with my car, the InControl Remote part has never failed me. Always able to connect be it Wi-Fi or 4/3G, climate works, etc.. Not got the remote seating option, so can't give opinion about that.
Bradpr

Post by Bradpr »

rogersmj wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:42 am .... Always able to connect be it Wi-Fi or 4/3G,
do you have the option to connect with 4G?
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

Hi Bradpr, sorry that was a slip up - only 3G available on my 2017 D5. Sounds like 4G might be an option on the 2018 D5's
Neill

Post by Neill »

Im sure you would have tried this, but just in case...
I had a tesco network sim (i think uses o2 network?) in the car first and had constant problems with it not connecting, i then swapped to the 3 network 12gb per year data sim that several others have gone for and its probably 95% reliable since. Maybe worth a try if yoi havent already.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Generally so i am told, there is a problem with the InControl system as a whole . The issue apparently rests with Apple and there is a major up-date due out in 2 - 3 months time....
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

What if you are using an Android phone?
Jbryan635

Post by Jbryan635 »

So mine has been in the shop 4 days. I have yet been able to get the Incontrol app to work. Mine constantly says alarm triggered and will not reset. I cant use anything on the app except look at Journeys. The Disco itself is working fine, yet the alarm on the app says triggered. JLR is stumped and they have sent logs to them. Maybe replacing the telematics could possibly fix it but who knows.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

In Control remote is not perhaps the issue for me...but under the general heading of 'In Control" and especially In Control apps, i have been told today that the problem is with Apple. Basically the Apple iOS has advanced beyond the capabilities of the Disco 5 - 2017 model anyway. JLR are awaiting Apple to up-date the vehicle software side of things....no date is available for such an up-grade. So if, as I am anyone is experiencing problems with the 'In Control" side fo life get used to such problems and lack of functionality as JLR are not concerned...'its not their problem!!' Apparently it's even worse if one has an Android phone.
Great pity that an otherwise good vehicle is let down by the use of systems that don't really add anything to the drivability of the car. I've suggested that Land Rover ditch the fancy phone interface stuff and stick with systems they design and thus control. One can perhaps imagine that such an idea isn't going to happen and so the marketing web site stuff will remaining, telling potentially new Disco 5 owners of the wonders of 'In control apps'. The truth is there aren't any and I believe JLR are guilty of missrepresentation!