First Edition: Heavy Friday Night Edition !!! Many Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Phantomhawx

Post by Phantomhawx »

Morning All,

I like many took the discussion to move to a D5 very serious; from its looks to performance and current JLR electrical issues of late.
And for around 4 weeks I absolutely loved the vehicle. Now we have what I call a love hate relationship; with the vehicle now sat with the dealer indefinitely.

I've come to believe that my car was built during the launch celebrations of the D5 and after one really heavy night the car rolled off the production line. Anyway we are where we are.

I'd be interested to hear if any of you are having similar issues.

Issues:
• Activity Key - Does not always work / intermittent; from not locking to not opening
• Boot Sensor - Does not always work / intermittent
• Boot - sticky when opening; occasionally refuses to open
• Boot - occasionally refuses to close; with bleeping; only way around; open and close tail flap manually and press boot close on key rather than boot
• Camera - Image Quality Poor (had a courtesy D5 that much clearer)
• Camera - Reversing camera not working / intermittent
• Comfort - Air-condition; temperature changes on own accord; without intervention
• Comfort - Air-condition; when not on auto fan speed increases and decreased without intervention
• Comfort - Illuminated tread plates - missing (was on 1st Ed on site told was standard spec)
• Comfort – On entry to vehicle and power up steering and seat does not auto adjust; same at power off (had a courtesy D5 which completes this task)
• Connectivity - USB connection to iPhone for music not working
• Engine Noise - Post Return from dealer after service light issue engine noticeable loaded and groan (had a courtesy D5 that doesn’t do this)
• Fuel - Consumption post from dealer after service light issue return very high
• Gears - Not changing up
• Gears - At turn on moving forwards can intermittently clunk into gear
• Key - When in vehicle; does not always recognise to start car; error is Key not present
• Land Rover App - Network Error
• Land Rover App - No Auto Start / Warm Up
• Land Rover App - No Seat Folding
• Multimedia - DAB radio intermittent
• Paint - Imperfection; swirls, buffing from machines at factory
• Parking sensors - warning beep distorted
• Plastic - Imperfection; swirls, buffing from machines at factory
• Power Steering - Failure
• Power Steering - Intermittent
• Power Steering -Stiff / Loose
• Revs - Over Revving post return from dealer after service light issue
• Ride - Crashes into bumps and potholes in road (had a courtesy D5 that doesn’t do this)
• Ride Height - Stayed in Access even after motion began - intermittent; after turn off and on was able to override via control
• Ride Height - Adjustment slow (had a courtesy D5 that much faster and less jerky)
• Seats - 3rd row not folding
• Seats - Auto folding, without prompt
• Service - Ad Blue at 5,000 told to ignore it; 5,800 managed to get it in to dealer and was told if runs out vehicle wouldn't work
• Service - Warning on App and Vehicle from 5,000; struggled to get a returned call; eventually was also told it was nothing
• Service - Warning on App and Vehicle from 5,500; finally seem and took forum evidence to show oil / oil filter issues
• Service - Warning on App from 4,000; told it was nothing, even after dropping it in multiple times
• Software Updates - Not released to vehicle; told by master engineer that these are only done if client identifies an issue; these should all be done; especially critical issues
• System - Satnav intermittent; drops location; drops navigation; doesn't always find correct location
• Tire Pressure - In space of 4 weeks all tyres topped up 5 times; warning still returns; told this was due to 22's and it is what it is
• Tow Bar - Requested Electric deployable, told feature could no longer be added and can be aftermarket at same price; now told its ~£2.5k; when factory order was ~£900
• Vehicle - Accelerates without intervention
• Vehicle - Brakes without intervention
• Vehicle - Burning smell after journey; told this is ad Blue; now conducted journeys
• Vehicle Adaptive Cruise Control - Told it was on vehicle as part of sell; asked about this since and was told how to use it; only to discover its not included
• Vehicle Park - not recognising when it was in Park
• Vehicle Wade Senor - Told it was on vehicle as part of sell; asked about this since and was told how to use it; only to discover its not included
• Windscreen - Black plastic side piece broke whilst in transit (replaced by Land Rover)

For reference, i'm dealing with LR customer relations, the servicing dealer and the selling dealing.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I presume this is a list of faults that you have had during your ownership and not the current list?
Many are common problems that have had fixes from LR, for instance the boot issues.

Have you had this car since the launch in March or are you the second owner?
Read the posts on here and the other D5 forum which is more active and you will see other owners have had many of these issues and are now sorted.

If you really have all those problems now, I would reject the car!!