Inner tailgate/boot flap

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Neill

Post by Neill »

Hi all,

Just taken delivery of my Disco 5 HSE, absolutely thrilled with the car but having issues with the tailgate and inner tailgate...
I have read on here that some have had issues with the tailgate getting stuck, but nothing on the inner..

My main problem is that normally I open the boot and the inner tailgate flaps down, but sometimes the inner flap doesn't come down, the button on the inside of the boot does nothing and then the main boot won't close without me forcing it to.
After a few goes of putting the flap up and down manually and ditto with the boot it all works again, but within a few cycles the inner tailgate gets stuck again and so on...

How do I find out if this is a known issue or recall? Anyone ela e had a similar problem?

Happy to try and fix myself rather than going back to JLR if it's an easy one!

Thanks

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I had problems with both , however the inner tailgate had packed up altogether. The outer opened around half way. Dealer fix I'm afraid.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Neill

Post by Neill »

Thanks Craigp , do you know what they actually did?
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Hi all .

Ive issuse with my tailgate but mine randomly opens and will happily close on you for no apparent reason people find it amusing as all you can see is my legs . When you fuel up boot will open repeatedly then close they say it could be the sensors but they only work by good luck not when you really want them to .

Will let you all know what happens.

But still love the car
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Neill not 100% sure but I think they fitted a new motor for the inner flap. And possibly reset/reprogrammed the the boot but as I say don't really know. They like like to appear with the keys and a big smile and say "there all fixed"

Ian C gave me a good laugh. 🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.