Front door handle covers

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
rm100

Post by rm100 »

While washing car a few days ago i was rinsing it with karcher on medium setting , it blows the door handle covers off, small section adjacent to handle , this happens on both sides so not a one off fault.
These just clip off very easily , very loose.

I am going into the dealers at the end of the month as i am waiting on parts for other faults, another one to the list.
Wish i kept my D4 .

Firenze red HSE 2.0 3000mls

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

I was just about to post about these door lock covers, they are crap!

One of my kids got out of the car and closed the door, the door lock cover fell off! I've put it back on, but its going to fall off again i'm sure. I can guess these will cost a small fortune to replace, not including the paint spraying of course!

I'm tempted to super glue them on (especially the one thats fallen off), however i'm going to have to be careful with the vapours in the superglue, don't want them to case the plastic casing to discolour.

Anyone else got any other suggestions how to keep them on?
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

If its loose and you can demonstrate this to your dealer one would think a replacement under warranty is possible.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

A good point! I'll contact them and see what they say
philelot

Post by philelot »

I have the same problem: the handle covers are loose and I am afraid to lose them.
Steve99

Post by Steve99 »

I have the same problem also.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I have read on other posts that this is covered by warranty for replacements (as it should be) so contact your dealer.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.