HSE Infotainment system

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

That is the one

5imon

Post by 5imon »

How come other manufacturers inc LR with the D3/4 worked fine with IPhones?. LR have built a new system that THEY can’t get to work. They just blame the easy target, the customers phone !!
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

What problem are you having and which iPhone?

I have not heard of any problems if the software is up to date.
5imon

Post by 5imon »

Refuses to recognise the phone as a media device. Drops connection randomly (power goes and comes back), won’t connect to a phone for music and another for phone over Bluetooth. It’s fucked basically unless you connect ONE phone over Bluetooth.

The media ports are effectively useless.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Yes, that is weird mine works fine but have a read of this:- https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1270.html
5imon

Post by 5imon »

That’s my thread ;)
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

:lol: Ha! ha! :lol:
Weezelmarc

Post by Weezelmarc »

I’m new to LR. I bought a 2017 disco 5 HSE Lux in August last year... my infotainment apps don’t work, ie loose connection as soon as it clicks on, (I only want it really for my Spotify) then it just won’t seem to go on again. I’ve tried using Bluetooth to play my music but that drops in and out, impossible to select different tracks pause etc and shows original song selected... however whilst plugged in with an original apple usb lead it never drops out from charging. I read the comments about updates, Is there a way to tell what one I’m on and how do you do the Update???? Sorry if I am missing points already stated but I’m a bit of Technical Biff.... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

You can find the version you have in one of the menus, not sure which one without going to the car.

There have been several updates including this month, so I guarantee you are not up to date!!
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

You've not directed him to another site Jim. 🤣🤣
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.