HSE Infotainment system

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I'm having real problems with the infotainment system on my Discovery HSE. The In Control apps won't always connect/initiate, playing music form my iPhone 7 isn't easy and the voice recognition system doesn't recognise very precise commands to play specific artists/albums.

My dealer (Listers, Droitwich) have told me that the system is really aimed at 'streaming' music or using the vehicle's hard drive (having of course down loaded one's iTunes library to it first). I would be rather surprised if this is the case, but of course to do this on must have In control apps working to enable Spotify or similar to work.

Is anyone else having any such problems.

On the issue of the vehicle's hard drive - does anyone know how to down load music to it?

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I copied my iTunes library to a USB stick and then loaded in a few minutes . Has artwork as well.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

OK, many thanks . will try that
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Hi Jimbg - did you simply ply the USB stick into the USB slot and ...then what?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

I will have to check in the car, I think you select the HDD media and there is an option somewhere to import?
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

OK - many thanks
User1234

Post by User1234 »

Anyone have experience with this media import function? My MY18 HSE does not show the import option on the menu but it is stated in the manual.

Cheers.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I have a Sept 17 HSE...the infotainment system is 'riddled' with faults so i am not surprised that you're experiencing such problems. I am pending software update No.3 which is (again!0 emanate to cure such issues. However, when i spoke at length with JLR Customer services earlier this year, they seemed pretty resoled to the fact that the infotainment system on the HSE and above (ironically there is no such problem with eh lesser SE models?) will never be resolved as its all down to 3rd party software (i.e. apple) for which they couldn't possibly be expected to be responsible for. So, unfortunately, i suspect there is not solution for your issue and thus not answer other then its one fo those things! Leaves you wondering doesn't it?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

The Version 3 update has been around since the start of 2018 and does fix most of the problems and make it more stable.
My iPhone 7 works fine, but you need have the iOS up to date as there were issues with it earlier this year.

I cannot remember the exact procedure for loading in music, but I think the import only appears once the USB s plugged into the media USB?
If you cannot get it to work I will try and get some photos of the procedure.

Do make sure your info system is up to date though.
User1234

Post by User1234 »

Thanks for that.

Would this be the update (from topix)?

Title
LTB01108v3 - InControl Touch Pro Features May Not Function As Expected, Phase 3 Additional Updates - Pathfinder
Global reference
LTB01108v3
Navigation path
Bulletins Technical Bulletins 415 - Entertainment System
Publication date
31-Jan-2018 09:06:20

I assume (but don't know) that since this LTB appears in Topix against my VIN that it is outstanding?

Cheers.

Mark