Parking Sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
ironman1125

Post by ironman1125 »

Hi All. I don't know if anyone has experience of this. Coming from a Range Rover I had the ability to hold the parking sensor but down for about five seconds and it would show a light all the time, this meant that if you were driving at low speed I think below 5 mph the parking sensors would automatically activate, handy around tight roads, car parks, drive etc. Does anyone know if you can do this on the new Discovery....Thanks

kits80

Post by kits80 »

ironman1125 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am Hi All. I don't know if anyone has experience of this. Coming from a Range Rover I had the ability to hold the parking sensor but down for about five seconds and it would show a light all the time, this meant that if you were driving at low speed I think below 5 mph the parking sensors would automatically activate, handy around tight roads, car parks, drive etc. Does anyone know if you can do this on the new Discovery....Thanks
Hi.

For the first few days I was constantly pressing and turning on the parking sensor button at low speeds going forwards but now I've set them to come on automatically at low speeds. Can't remember exactly how I did it, but I'm sure I'd was through a menu on the dash. Maybe drivers aids?

It works well. Yes, great for multi-storeys.
kits80

Post by kits80 »

ironman1125 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am Hi All. I don't know if anyone has experience of this. Coming from a Range Rover I had the ability to hold the parking sensor but down for about five seconds and it would show a light all the time, this meant that if you were driving at low speed I think below 5 mph the parking sensors would automatically activate, handy around tight roads, car parks, drive etc. Does anyone know if you can do this on the new Discovery....Thanks
Hi again. Just checked this morning and the setting doesn't seem to be accessed through the steering wheel. When the parking sensors are on and the display is on you I should see a setting button (a little cog). When clicked on one of the settings is for automatic sensors.
ironman1125

Post by ironman1125 »

Cheers found it!
OzNemesis

Post by OzNemesis »

Thank you! Having to turn it on every time was irritating me.