Climate Control (no software) issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi jimbg. So what do we/I do with this information. Do I report a fault because mines rubbish.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Ask your dealer to implement it I guess?

Have you registered on Topix to see what is outstanding for your car?
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

No not registered. However it's due to go in for my loss of address book on the phone. I asked them to see if there was any outstanding recalls. A piller rubbers and service alarm. No mention of aircon. I will give them a ring tomorrow.
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Register here:- https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topi ... ation=true

Then enter your VIN and you can browse the recalls and also the bulletins for other issues.

These others will not be done unless you say you have that fault. There are loads of them and obviously it would be impossible to apply them to every car, but are there to help your dealer to fix your car if that fault appears.

Worth registering because there may be some minor issue you have and it is a known problem that can be fixed.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Thanks for that.
muntymuntenson

Post by muntymuntenson »

Have been looking at purchasing an SE/HSE in Australia. I drove an SE today and asked about the climate control system options in that car. The dealer wasn't so sure, however quick reference to the Aus LR catalogue shows several variants available. The HSE comes with 3 zone standard over here. There is an option to purchase the 4-zone climate control which offers;

"Whatever the weather outside, the temperature inside All-New Discovery is always just right. The vehicle features a climate control system which is based on class-leading technology and has been tested in real-world conditions in temperatures ranging from -40 to +50°C. A premium four-zone system is available, which has separate climate controls for driver, front passenger and each side of the rear cabin. With its independent heating and cooling capability, the system offers a significant improvement in rear seat luxury, with multiple outlets at face, foot and hip level"

I cannot readily find information as to how effective this additional option might be????

After reading this post, it seems like it might be necessary (although at a ridiculous price of $930) given our temps of 0 to 45 degrees Celsius.

I also quizzed another dealer on the topix.com A/C performance issues and he said it related to a software program modification to cycle a valve more frequently? As I don't have a VIN number, i can't access this info to verify it.

Where did you end up with this ? ANyone else care to comment? THis is a big deal for me given the hit beach days we regularly encounter down here!!! my first post on a LR forum, this is a great source of information.