Ad Blue and Service Plan

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi. Yes I have to agree with everything you say about land rover. Everyone wants one and people seem to live with the issues. I had three evoques myself before the disco. New evoque autobiography may 15 and then another new one March 16 and then another september 16 and I can honestly say I personally had bit a single problem with them which was good as before that I had had quite a few mercs with no issues. I am probably going to go back to German when I change. I can get away with the evoque size so I am thinking Porsche macan turbo next. God you it sounds like you need the space. It's a shame we are slightly disappointed though as these are premium cars. I have to say I di love the way my disco looks and I get slot of comments on how nice it is. Hopefully we won't lose to much money on then when we sell. My lr dealer really looked after me with my Px prices on my evoques especially the 66 plate one I traded in in March for my orange first edition. I am consider a range rover sport next as my dealer is fantastic and would be a little sad to go elsewhere. Or another Merc c63 as I had three of these in succession. Desicions hey. I drive my wife insane especially as she drives it 80% of the time.

driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Sorry to all you guys for not going back and checking your vehicle details but

Are we just saying it is 3litre models not SD4s?

Jess
MrKeefe82

Post by MrKeefe82 »

@v2cjb I had a CLS 63 AMG before this and it was a great car. Absolutely bulletproof. I'm thinking of getting the new e63 as my second car for a bit of fun. Either that or the top end Caterham. My issue on that front at the moment is my wife who says that we don't need 3 cars between us. I offered her a divorce to rectify the issue and she offered me a divorce if I get the third car. Personally I think that means we've reached a compromise but she thinks otherwise. 😂😂😂

An update for everyone, there is a software update to fix the AdBlue message coming on early. It also fixes the Service message coming on early which then indicates that an oil change is needed early. I have had this confirmed to me by Guy Salmon After Sales Manager, who was very apologetic about my issues and previous treatment, and also confirmed by LR. He also confirmed there is another software update coming out imminently that will fix all the other issues I've had with the infotainment system and reverse camera. I am booked back in on Monday. LR have confirmed I will get a refund for the oil change under the warranty.

The windscreen seals on both sides of the windscreen have now come loose and on my way to Germany they both came off completely on the motorway somewhere in France. There is a recall on this though. LR were very apologetic that I didn't get a letter to confirm this.

The only issue therefore is the wheel arch trim that has come off. Sadly when you get a new car these days regardless of price you expect the odd issue, the downsides of mass production. As all the other issues are being experienced by a lot of people in some respects that is great news as it means they are being fixed pronto. This means my only outstanding issue that seems to be an anomaly is the wheel arch trim that has fallen off, which whilst not great isn't too bad as that I'm sure can be easily fixed compared to a computer fault that only affects one car.

Fingers crossed I am close to getting everything sorted! Will update everyone in due course.
MrKeefe82

Post by MrKeefe82 »

For me this relates to my 3.0 first edition. Not sure about everyone else though.
p4vvs

Post by p4vvs »

MrKeefe82, I am dealing with Markotter in Bielefeld Germany at the moment and have the exact same issues, windscreen trims, erratic infotainment system and am waiting for the plastic arches to fall off before getting them to do something about the mentioned issues. Did not fill me with confidence when they said the infotainment system may not be covered in warranty if I had an aftermarket tracker fitted, which I don't. They actually seemed like they did not want me to bring the car to them. No adblue or service warnings yet either....

Word of warning for anyone else in Germany, if you have a few issues and suspect they need the car for longer than 2 hours they have to provide you with a courtesy car, but as the sales rep warned me if you don't arrange to come on a day when one is available they just give you a tram ticket home, shocking.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Just got me car back add blue issues are due too it only being half full and delivery and the can't be arsed to fill it alleged?. Ask if ide have too come back every 4-5 k . Was assured no but expect 9-10 k great start was told this wad due too amount of diesel it used ???. I've an Merc ml simmilar diesel consumption and light never comes on between service. As for stratstone Newcastle fisrt time I've had a car dropped of after service issues ECT that didn't even get a basic wash and ad for there courtesy car absolutely disgusting interior empty crisp packets crisps banana skins and it's a 3 month old disco with its add blue light on at 4k ??
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Mrkeefe82. Thanks so much for your update. Maybe all our cars will be fine after all. My friend has a Cls 63s and loves it. Only thing for me is they take a hit when you sell after a year as I change my car every year. Going to look at a new macan turbo. Six month wait for a new one through my local Porsche dealer. Really torn as I actually do love my disco but my wife reckons we should get rid while values are strong. Who knows. Cars hey. Maybe I'll buy a Dacia sandero for 5995.
jukn

Post by jukn »

Ian cc RE Stratstone dealership i don't use them, we are lucky enough to have Team Valley Service Centre where I live and they have been great with all my Landrovers over a number of years and much cheaper than the main dealers too.
RE Warranty work if they don't fix it they don't get paid which is a pretty good incentive. Courtesy cars aren't Landrovers but given that it is for a short period of time i can live with that.
If you're local give them a try they can't be any worse.
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider
MrKeefe82

Post by MrKeefe82 »

@ v2cjb. Similar to you I'm about every 18 months. Although aside from the issues I quite like the disco so if it all gets fixed I may give it to my wife eventually and chop her car in. I have to say I have considered getting something cheap like a Dacia and just scrapping it every year for a new one. Financially I think I'd be better off. Then just stick a Caterham in the garage for weekend fun and track days. Lol.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

My AdBlue 'needed in 1500 miles' warning has come on too and I've only done just over 4000 miles. Hopefully it is either just because it wasn't fully filled up by the dealer or yet another software glitch, because having that filled every 5000 miles or so is going to get very boring very quickly.

Ian c, I second the suggestion to use Team Valley Land Rover rather than Stratstone in Newcastle- chalk and cheese in terms of customer service.