Ad Blue and Service Plan

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Doberman

Post by Doberman »

Hi, my first time using the Forum. The ad blue and service light both came on at 6000 miles on my 3L Tdi hse. Farnell's at a Bury Lancs were great. Had the vehicle in within a week. Ad blue topped up, change of filter and oil and they upgraded the software and also changed the trim on the A pillars. Service staff told me there was a recall for the trim and that the other problems were down to the software issues. All completed under warranty. I've had the car back a few days and all seems well. The info system also seems to work more quickly then before. This is the first new Disco I have bought (had 3 second hand ones) and at the moment I am more than happy with it

Mad Jack

Post by Mad Jack »

Had an AdBlue top up at 5K under the service plan at the local main dealer no problem. Took 30 mins. But they splashed the stuff all around the filler cap during the process. It sets to a white, crystalline deposit which binds itself to paintwork and rubber seals. Really sloppy work. Currently in the middle of complaining to the dealer but nobody seems to care much.
rolly

Post by rolly »

Hello !

Known Issue
There is a note on TOPIX (since August 24th) : N025v2 - Independent Oil Dilution Counter Reset
contact your seller

Regards
Regards

Rolly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discovery 5 - HSE Luxury - 3.0L TD6 - Corris Grey
jplummer

Post by jplummer »

This is current status of N025v2 - Independent Oil Dilution Counter Reset

"THIS BULLETIN IS NOW SUSPENDED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT TO ALLOW FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS TO TAKE PLACE. A further update will be issued no later than the 4th October 2017"
kits80

Post by kits80 »

I have had adblue topped up at 4,500 miles, and oil service at around 6,500 miles and the car is now asking for adblue again in around 1,500 miles. The current mileage is 7,600. It was mentioned in this thread that maybe the adblue wan't full when the cars were delivered, however as it is now asking again I think it is the case that the car will need topping up every 4,000 - 5,000 miles. Whilst this is included within the service plan it is annoying to have to go in so often. It also concerns me at making long trips to Europe, unless I take adblue with me for topping up if it needs it whilst over there.

Has anyone else with mileage around 8,000 miles been in twice for adblue, or is it just my car?
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Although it is in the service plan, I just bought a 10 litre container from Halfords.
Works out cheaper for me than driving the 30 miles to the dealer.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Hi all re ad blue I've got 8500 ish and had to top up my ad blue again I've a service plan but just picked up 10ltr from Halfords for £14 and doesn't take much longer to fill than the washer fluid so it's not much of an issue easier than trailing to main dealer.
kits80

Post by kits80 »

Yes, that certainly seems to be the best way. Picked up a 3.5l bottle from Asda yesterday.

Cheers
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Hope it is enough!! My car took all 10 litres, it is a 18 litre tank.
kits80

Post by kits80 »

Did it take all 10 litres when it said 1500 miles left? Did you then have to reset a light or did the message just stop displaying?