Loss of Information on Media system

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
jukn

Post by jukn »

Loaded up some CDs to hard drive on car (as worked with Disco 4). Choose Source, Media (for ripped cds), pick an album, all tracks are shown with information (title etc), Play, track information is shown on touch screen and info centre behind steering wheel. If you then change to radio and back to media or if the car is stopped and then started again, all the information disappears and will show as track 2 in both areas even if it is track 15 or 17 etc. Sometimes when playing the album if you go to queue then the track numbers appear in odd order even when shuffle is not selected and no information is present. Anyone else had this one?
Also experienced this one: used the voice command to choose a cd and track which played fine, however the infotainment screen showed nothing other than a x in a box similar to the close tab button, all media buttons were not showing so I had to use the voice command to return to the radio when the media buttons reappeared
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider

mrwats12

Post by mrwats12 »

Not had the issue you mention, however, I can't seem to figure out how to rip CD's or DVD's. Can you help with some instructions ??
jukn

Post by jukn »

When you place the cd into the drive there is a symbol appears on the bottom right hand line of the media player screen which is rip cd. Just choose this and it starts to copy the cd to the hard drive. The symbol represents playlist if there is no cd inserted.
None of the salesman i spoke with knew this existed - great product knowledge!
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider