General Locking Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
jukn

Post by jukn »

Picked up my HSE on 9th March, having had many Discos before. The keyless entry on mine is very erratic. As with others the gesture tailgate is pants, however the whole locking mechanism is playing up. The boot on the tailgate sometimes works, and often doesn't. Seems not to recognise the smart key. On one occasion i left the car and tried to lock it with the button on the handle and it wouldn't lock, so tried to use the key and it wouldn't lock, several presses later it locked up. Returned to the car 10 minutes later and couldn't unlock it until several key presses. Sometimes the buttons on the handles work, sometimes not. Had both smartkeys and car in garage for 3 days (along with other issues) and so far no resolution to any.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Last edited by jukn on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider

LR_Gogo

Post by LR_Gogo »

Something is defective there, I do not experience any such issue.
jukn

Post by jukn »

Car been back in the garage for a week now and still no progress. Am I the only one experiencing locking issues?
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider