SIM Card Help

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Based on your experience, usually how long it takes to show the network signal once you inserted the sim? Does it come first reading sim then goes to mobile network?

LesGAllen

Post by LesGAllen »

Yes pretty much straight away.
globalste

Post by globalste »

@Lesgallen

Did you resolve this problem? I have the exact same issue with mine, it works with a Three simcard, works with a Vodafone simcard, but will not work with an EE simcard (tried 2 different ones, one from my phone and one from my ipad).
LesGAllen

Post by LesGAllen »

Probably can't help, I am currently using the UBIGI SIM but I have also bought a pre-loaded Three SIM which also worked, I haven't tried the variants you refer to, sorry.
DiscoBea

Post by DiscoBea »

Hi, new to the forum.
I’ve also purchased a GiffGaff data sim, but all I get is a message indicating there is no sim inserted. Followed all instructions, but still no joy! :cry:
Oh, I own a HSE Lux 2019
Thanking you all in advance for your guidance!
[quote][/quote]
rogersmj wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 am Hi all,

I got a very cheap sim card from GiffGaff. £10 a month for 3Gb of data (it has text and calls too but I wasn't looking to use that). Plus no contract.

When I put this in the sim slot in the car, I did initially put it in the wrong way round, seems that the slot does allow it to go in all the way and click, even if its in wrong! So managed to get it out when the 'no sim card' message came up, put it in the right way round and it works a dream!

Love the ability to change the Sat Nav to show a satellite image instead of just the roads!
dgs2001

Post by dgs2001 »

I use a sim from 1p mobile
https://www.1pmobile.com/not-just-phones

No contract and data only all it needs is a £10 top up once a year, which is way more data than the car uses

it needs to be physically inserted the right way round and also clicks in, seemingly needing a pencil nib to click it in.

Every couple of months the car seems to deactivate mobile data, but as soon as I see messages re No Internet, no connected features I just switch mobile data back on.