SIM Card Help

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Dirty Trucker

Post by Dirty Trucker »

Apart from google earth on the satnav,and being able to browse the web. What other benefits are there having a sim card. I have managed to tether to my iPhone for browsing which in all fairness I may aswell do on my phone!

jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Live traffic?
Dirty Trucker

Post by Dirty Trucker »

jimbg wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pmLive traffic?
Is that it???
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

It is the only one I use on every trip. A SIM that lasts a year is well under £30.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Don't get ur hopes up as sim will die and it will all go to shit and as yet no updates available to make it all work buy a tom tom instead and dont bother with landrover sat as its crap
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

All works perfectly for me,.
Ian c get rid of your car as I said before if you hate it so much.
rogersmj

Post by rogersmj »

My Sat Nav is quite good actually. Yes, some of the routes are a bit 'unique', but i've not used any sat nav in other cars, or stand alone ones that don't have this problem.

If you pair the sat nav with the LR routing online system, plus add a sim so you can add things such as traffic and google mapping (if you like 'real' terrain maps), then its great.

Gets my thumbs up anyway!
jimbg

Post by jimbg »

Yes, I forgot about routing. I send my destinations to the car from the InControl web site all the time.

Very usefull for obscure destinations and often use the long/Lat copied and pasted from Google Maps.
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Don't hate my car love the drive just hate the fact landrover have complicated there infotainment so much they don't have a clue how to make it work once they develop issues and they now it
Ian c

Post by Ian c »

Its all well and good you talking about add ons and traffic ect ect but when ur car will not conect to anything and uve got sim ect in then as ive said landrover aint got a scooby what to do then turn it off and buy a tom tom which ive not had in years as all previous cars have just used live traffic ect and not needed this ridiculous system . But car is fantastic now all other issues have been sorted