Disco 5 2.0 HSE Rad Coolant Low level

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
fatchuff

Post by fatchuff »

Hi Everyone - I have had my Disco 5 for 2 years with no issues - until this weekend i got a low coolant alarm - I checked the level when cold and the top up tank was empty. So i filled up with 1 litre of coolant!
The question is - is this normal? has anyone else had a similar issue , and is it an indication of a bigger problem? The cars done 50k miles. Thanks

LaserDave

Post by LaserDave »

Had this issue on my Disco last month.. No leaks beneath, no obvious leaks in the bay.. :?:
So topped up and monitored every day for a couple of weeks.. No sign of levels dropping further..
Just about recovered from my minor heart attack :shock:

2017 3.0 TD6 HSE Luxury
fatchuff

Post by fatchuff »

Hey - Just got back to this - Just done 500 miles on the after the top up and its dropped again - just not quite as far. Gonna keep an eye on it and will let you know !!!! still a bit worried though .
fatchuff

Post by fatchuff »

Hi Done about 800 Miles in mine over the last 3 weeks - checked the level again and its dropped!! so topped up almost a litre. Couldn't see any leaks - Oil level looks OK and not too high (i was worried about a cylinder head leak) but i still can't see any water/coolant leaks either????????????? Now i'm worried!!
Gumbo5879

Post by Gumbo5879 »

My 3.0 hse luxury has a small coolant leak, nothing in last 2 weeks but my mechanic pressure tested it and there is a small leak from drivers side rear suspension area, which apparently is a hvac hose for 2nd and 3rd row climate, ive been told that to repair and replace this means body and chassis of for a £125 hose😡 has anyone had this issue as i have it booked in at dealer in weeks time🤞