2019 HSE SDV6 front suspension

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
Flypress1

Post by Flypress1 »

Hello
I’ve got a new Discovery 5 and I’ve only covered 900 miles. Im getting a very annoying knocking/dull rattle from what seems front suspension related. It only happens at around 10-15miles per hour when the road surface slightly bumpy. Our drive is 300metres long and is compacted 40-50mm stone ( flat with no pot holes). Land Rover have been to our house with a comparison car which did not do it and agreed ours did. It was taken away for 2 days and we were told it was sorted.......sadly it’s not and I think it’s gettibg worse. The noise is just like a worn ball joint or worn anti roll bar bush. Land Rover say they checked all suspension bolt torque settings and bushes but found nothing other than the ad blue pipe wasn’t clipped on properly.
Has anybody got any clues as it’s doing my head in
Thanks
J

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Flypress not heard of any others with this fault. I would try shall we say the more popular forum.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Flypress1

Post by Flypress1 »

Hi
Thanks I might try .....but to be honest this is my first trip to a forum ever!
And I can’t believe I’ve done it.

Just noticed when I’m reversing and I dab the brakes I get the same noise
I really like the car but it’s been in for a software issues and the windscreen out and reseal as it was leaking water.
The clunking is taking joy out of a new car
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

And nether should you have to except it. Try these
https://disco5.co.uk/forum/ copying and pasting of your original post is excepted😁
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.