InControl Remote - Does yours work?

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5

Have you seen InControl Remote issues with your new Discovery?

No - it works 100% of the time, every time.
29%
Yes - It works some of the time, but is unreliable.
57%
Yes - It never works.
14%

Total votes: 7

Bradpr

InControl Remote - Does yours work?

Post by Bradpr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with inControl Remote features? My remote lock/unlock/climate/seat folds are extremely unreliable. They might work 30% of the time. I bought my D5 HSE Lux 3 months ago. My dealer has had it, attempting to get InControl to work for an entire month during this time. They seem thoroughly stumped by the issues, and JLR also seems to not have any good ideas on fixing it.

The dealer has replaced my entire telematics system. So, I cannot see how the issue is localized to my car. I feel strongly that it is within the InControl cloud services. If my theory is true, then many others should be experiencing the same issues.

Please reply to this poll with your experience with InControl remote apps

GeeBee

Re: InControl Remote - Does yours work?

Post by GeeBee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:09 pm

I’ve had a fair amount of trouble with in control and voice recognition, apparently, so I am told, there Is a major soft wear up date due out on the 7th Dec which will “ solve the incontrol problems” so I have been told by my dealer (listers~Droitwich). My HSE has been back 4 times and already had three soft ware updates. So we will see ....

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:42 am

After a few 'issues' with setting up the InControl route mapping side, all of my InControl stuff seems to be working fine (got my fingers crossed!).

I must admit after all the problems i've had with my car, the InControl Remote part has never failed me. Always able to connect be it Wi-Fi or 4/3G, climate works, etc.. Not got the remote seating option, so can't give opinion about that.

Bradpr

Post by Bradpr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 am

rogersmj wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:42 am
.... Always able to connect be it Wi-Fi or 4/3G,
do you have the option to connect with 4G?

rogersmj

Post by rogersmj » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 am

Hi Bradpr, sorry that was a slip up - only 3G available on my 2017 D5. Sounds like 4G might be an option on the 2018 D5's

Neill

Post by Neill » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Im sure you would have tried this, but just in case...
I had a tesco network sim (i think uses o2 network?) in the car first and had constant problems with it not connecting, i then swapped to the 3 network 12gb per year data sim that several others have gone for and its probably 95% reliable since. Maybe worth a try if yoi havent already.

Return to “Faults & Technical”