Deployable Towbar snapped off

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery 5
rogersmj

Re: Deployable Towbar snapped off

Post by rogersmj » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 am

Wow! Just reading this post as someone who has a deployable tow bar and tows 2 horses in a horse box. If this was to happen on a journey, I dread to think what would happen!

Surely there must be something inside the mechanism that confirms the tow bar is locked into place? And if not the thing errors or shows a fault? If not then thats even more worrying...

Craigp

Post by Craigp » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:37 am

One would assume anyone attaching their trailer is under the impression that all is as it should be. However fully agree that if they noticed a slight anomaly whilst doing so, this would be helpful.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.

stign

Post by stign » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 am

Hi, yes it was fully deployed! No Error Message before or after hitching the Caravan, also not during the drive. After decouple there come the Error Message up "Towbar not locked".
Greetings
Stig

Discovery HSE Luxury TD6

Craigp

Post by Craigp » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 am

Oh well at least that message confirmed all was not well, as you watched your caravan through the rear view mirror fade into the background.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.

cwch60

Post by cwch60 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Forgive me for making light of a serious subject (I have one of these fitted too) but, at one stage, I saw the typo "Deplorable Tow Bar". I hope that it doesn't turn out to be!

Sheila

Post by Sheila » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:57 am

Hi

Was the towbar a factory fit or was it fitted at a dealers.

merctony

Post by merctony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:23 pm

How did you deploy the tow-bar, was it from the on screen display or button in the boot. l just done 2800 miles in mine towing a twin axle lunar delta, everything was fine as expected, how ever on our last pitch at Onich nr Fort William on the day of departure, l was reversing back to hook up and the wife said that the tow-bar was not out, flicking across the screen l pressed deploy and waited, hooked up caravan and made our way to reception. when coming out l looked at tow-bar which seemed slightly tilted down wards. Got back in car and flicked through screen to tow-bar and there was a warning saying not deployed correctly. Got out unhooked caravan, stowed tow-bar and started again, this time it came out and twisted round and straight as should be. Warnings had gone. so forget the in car screen bit, must always check,
Discovery 2.0 HSE in Montalcino Red with Privacy Glass abd Electric Deployable Towbar.

Return to “Faults & Technical”