SE/S SD card sat nav

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Laurence

Post by Laurence »

I originally had my test drive in an HSE Lux ( only test vehicle available). I was pleased to see that the satnav had safety camera alerts.

I've now taken delivery of my SE SD4 with the 8" satnav (as opposed to the 10" in the HSE/Lux). And I was disappointed to find that it does not have the Camera alerts on the SD card and no obvious way to load them.

I called LR Customer Services and the lovely chap admitted he was not technically minded and had no access to the technical dept. So that was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Equally my dealership is not offering any suggestions.

It seems bizarre that (a) the salesman didn't know the spec of what they were selling when we explicitly discussed this functionality on my selected model during the test drive and (b) that £55k neither buys you a satnav with safety cameras loaded nor the ability to download them from either an approved LR supplier or 3rd party provider.

If anyone has a solution to this, aside from advising I employ cruise control set at 70 mph, please let me know.

Thx

AdeMartin1970

Post by AdeMartin1970 »

Laurence

I ordered an SE as well. As part of my build I ordered the drive pack as the dealer said it did read the signs.
Having just been on the build configurator just now it clearly shows a picture of the car reading and displaying road signs but now I have read the text in detail it does not state that.

Picking my car up tomorrow so will pose the question to the dealer and if no other answers meantime will update you.
AdeMartin1970

Post by AdeMartin1970 »

Laurence

Picked my car up on Thursday.
Asked the dealer your question re camera alerts.
His answer was that he did not know but he would try and find out.......
He did say that the SD card is updateable and if not available straight away would probably be available as an update in the near future.

May be a bit of a fob off but he has been amazing in getting mine registered before the 1st April deadline with only VIN no. And it arrived 6 weeks early so don't want to question his honesty too much.

Very happy Corrie Grey with Black pack owner now though.
Hope the camera issue is not tainting the rest of your enjoyment.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi ademartin pleased to hear you picked yours up early. Sadly still waiting for mine ordered in October. When did you order yours? And did you spec a towbar.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
AdeMartin1970

Post by AdeMartin1970 »

Craig

Ordered mine on 18th Feb and original quoted date was May 22nd.
May just be lucky that I didn't need a tow bar and jumped ahead of those delays.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I thought the speed camera alerts only came with the 10 inch pro pack. Could be wrong.