Faulty boot opening

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

Hello All. Just wondered if anyone else had had problems with the powered boot opening? Had to take my HSE back to the dealers in the first week - the technician said it was a problem with the rear panels not being riveted perfectly flat which caused a ripple in the rubber seal. Also feel a bit of an idiot waving my foot around trying to get the 'gesture' control to work - anyone else having the same problem? Otherwise, very impressed with it!

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

I
Last edited by v2cjb on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hi. I am having a problem with mine. Doesn't always open on either the key , dashboard button or the button on the boot exterior. Going in a week in Wednesday to be looked at. What was the problem with yours? Is it ok now? Thanks
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Yep heard of others having problems. Return to dealers for a slight adjustment.
See disco5 forum.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

Yes, v2cjpp, all sorted now. Worked OK for the first few day, then no matter which button/key I used, it just made a slight clicking noise, moved maybe 2-3 mm and stopped. If I got my fingers under the bottom of it, I could pull it open, but of course no assistance from the gas struts so very stiff. Like I said before, the technician said it was a fault they'd already encountered. He said it was caused by the rear panels not being attached perfectly flat which caused a ripple in the rubber seal. Seems to be working fine again now. Still having problems with the gesture boot opening, though. Very erratic, and feel an idiot standing on one leg waving the other under the car!!
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Cool. Hopefully ours will be fixed ok. My last two evoque had gesture but I always struggled to get it to work. Same on the disco. Hit and miss. Thanks for the info. Cheers
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

Hi All
Picked up the car yesterday. Love it.
Discovered the boot opening issue very soon... Although I have mastered the quick kick gesture behind the rear wheels!

So 9 times out of 10 the boot opens by about 2mm then closes again.

So i tried the silicone spray fix.
Sprayed silicone spray all over the rubber boot seal around the boot opening.
This instantly fixed the problem. Now the boot opens perfectly 10 times out of 10

I'd rather use the spray over having the boot door adjusted especially since some of you have commented on the boot not lining up after the adjustment.

Not sure if the spray is a permanent fix and how often i need to apply it. Will wait and see.
jukn

Post by jukn »

Also had problems with locking in general posted on the technical thread, All issues are intermittent. Particularly the boot button not working when the car is locked, after opening with key and then trying to close with button sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t press the button several times and then the boot closes after a mislock double beep. Buttons on door handles for locking when working need a very light touch often don’t work even if pressing hard. Gesture tailgate works very occasionally. One occasion couldn’t open with key either until after lots of unlock and lock press buttons Still waiting for any resolution, as its intermittent its difficult to replicate accurately
3.0 TD6 HSE Kaikoura Stone, Black Design Pack with 20" wheels style 5011, Capability plus pack, Electric tilt/slide Sunroof with power blinds, Privacy glass, Intelligent seat fold, Fixed side steps, Half height luggage divider