Pano roofs

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

Hi, I was wondering what people think about the pano roofs, which are standard in the HSE model? Sitting in the showroom these look great as it makes the interior so much brighter, but what are they like to live with day to day? Be interested to have the thoughts of anybody who has had pano on any car previously and if they think there are any negatives to it.

I've been reading about possible UV concerns (general, not Disco specific), both with the exposed glass and even with the shades closed, so am wondering if there's a safety consideration for children being back there on hot days on long journeys. I've also read that on hot days the pano roof generates huge amounts of heat, which also comes into the cabin even when the shades are closed due to heat that sits inside the car in the space between the shade and glass.

I really really like the idea of the roof and how much lighter the cabin is but I would hate to regret having it. Thanks!

Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Mack247,

I have had a Kluger for the past 10 Years bought it new in 2008 with a Sun Roof. I know its not exactly the same but what I can say is do it. You wont regret it. I don't use mine often, but when driving somewhere exciting with the kids in the back.. Like.. driving thru the city at night or when a rainbow appears after a heavy shower. If you have the choice I would always say yes. You can close it and let me tell you with the aircon on or heater on you don't notice any difference.

I am considering getting the Black Headlining as the only other choice is white and I believe that would be way too hard to keep clean. So another reason for me is to let in light to brighten the cabin. Not sure how I will go with an all black interior.
Mack247

Post by Mack247 »

Thanks for this. Yes, that's exactly what appeals about the Pano. Re the headlining, I have two young kids but am going for the white headlining with black leather. I can't think of any instances where I've had to clean the headlining in our existing car so was thinking having white wouldn't be a problem and I was afraid the black and black would be too dark, especially with having privacy glass too.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

I have to say that is my concern too. Our kids put hands and feet. LOL on every surface. The salesman at one dealership suggested the black as well. When I look at photos I would always choose the white.. A brighter cabin I would much prefer.. Black and Black. well its different.. I'm still not 100% sold on it either.