Best Colour?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Huxey,

Mum wanted me to get Loire Blue but I saw it on a RR last Saturday and it reminded me of a car i had as a teenager with Midnight Blue. So Its not for me. It was dark until the sun hit it. I liked Waitomo Grey as well but like you I have the same feeling and some of the pics floating around are abit hard to tell. I finalised my order and eventually went with the Orange. Only for the fact I have had a gunmetal grey car to 10 years and White is everywhere.

Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I've gone with a left field choice and will be getting it in Aruba metallic. I've had two black ones before (D3 and RRS) and think the D5 looks better in lighter colours. I've spaced the dynamic pack as I think it contrasts nicely with the Gold/Silver paint. I saw a FFRR in ththe dealer this weekend in Silicon Silver and that was lovely too. Looking forward to seeing the various combos on the road.
penners

Post by penners »

Dealer just sent through this of our Carpathian grey with black pack..... collecting on Thursday :D

fullsizeoutput_102a.jpeg

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Not a fan of waitomo. Looks a bit boring especially as a premium colour and costs extra. I would definitely go for carpathian. Awesome. Waiting pic attached of a friends Range Rover autobiography and my evoque in carpathian. And also my new disco I get Wednesday.

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Wow, that Carpathian looks sweet. I drove a RR in Carpathian and it was almost too close to black for my liking. But that Disco pic above could convince me otherwise.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

More namib orange I have found.
richl812

Post by richl812 »

I ordered ours on Saturday - so waiting for build and delivery dates.

My spec is D5 3.0L HSE in Silicon silver, black pack, privacy glass, electric sunroof, running boards, electric towbar, cubby cooler, ebony / ebony with nimbus headliner.

Didnt know whether to do the 3 zone climate or not, and the salesman said 'waste of time' as front and back then fight to heat or cool.

Our colour choice originally was metallic white or black but when looking at the black pack on black it looked like a pimpmobile and in the white would get dirty very quickly. The silicon silver whilst premium looks stunning with the black pack as the first edition in the showroom was in that colour combination.

Cant wait now!!
Richard :D :D :D :D :D :D
penners

Post by penners »

Thanks Huxey - i'll post some more pic angles / different lights once we've taken delivery!

Sounds great Richard - silicon silver was in the running for ours too but a RR in Carpathian / Black pack guise in the dealer the day we ordered swung it!....
F.I.Bonxie

Post by F.I.Bonxie »

I really like the Carpathian grey penners. Although I am not able to order for at least another couple of months as a "Rest of the World" customer. I am torn between Carpathian grey and Farallon black. I look forward to seeing some more photos when you get delivery. My current Freelander 2 is Lagoon Grey which is very dark.
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

As of my post last Tue 14th.

Looked at premium grey and ended up with Corris!!

Track the Waitomo down on a Range Rover at a dealer ?. ( on a sunny day !)

Jes