Build dates

All Discovery 5 related discussions
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

My dealer phoned me a couple of days ago saying my new discovery is scheduled to be built 13tb Jan and yes that is a Friday. Ha ha. Delivery at the dealer is then scheduled for beginning of March ready for the new 17 plate. Let's hope that these dates stay as they are as we all know with Land Rover that things change.

Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

That is exciting. I'm in Aus and I still can't even get a price. Expected Arrival is July. :(
penners

Post by penners »

I had call this morning from dealer - build date 10th Feb; expected delivery date end-March / early-April.......

....better than the May-Aug time frame we were quoted when ordering in October!
Allen

Post by Allen »

Dealer has advised me that my build date is 3rd March with delivery at end of March so pleased.
penners

Post by penners »

Sounds good Allen, what colour / Spec have you gone for?
the_wilb

Post by the_wilb »

Had notification yesterday that my Disco 5 hse will be built 10th March. Hopefully for 1st April delivery at Chester. Can't wait.
I put a £1000 deposit on a manufacturing slot fifteen months ago so it feels like I've been waiting for ages.

Having had a good look at the demo model which had a day at Chester a couple of weeks ago it was well worth the wait. I'd previously bought from the main dealer in north Wales but found that the service, attention and friendliness from the guys in Chester left the previous experience from the n.wales dealer sadly lacking in every area. The sales and service sections are sadly lacking compared to the attention received at Chester. I can't praise these guys enough.
penners

Post by penners »

Had our delivery date updated to "middle of March"!

Hopefully not long to go now until we get our first Land Rover .......
Seaview36

Post by Seaview36 »

Had confirmation for a build date of 17th Feb from Chelmsford dealership and a delivery date into them of 24th March. Going for HSE in Corris Grey pretty much fully loaded. Wanted the HUD & disappointed it wasn't made available on the Limited Edition model. Also, is it me, or does anyone else think the choice of interior colours/leather is rubbish on a car costing this much? Have gone for Nimbus as I just think that black makes the interior too dark - time will tell if this was the right choice. Anyone know when the first of the First Edition are being delivered? JLR seem to have gone very quiet.
timhum

Post by timhum »

Agreed on trim colour. I'd very much like to order one but really don't like all black interiors and the alternatives contrast a light interior with brown, horrific. What do i do, wait i suppose until alternative colours are made available or just change my DS for another.
Tim
Deleted User 316

Post by Deleted User 316 »

My dealership think 3rd week of March for my First Edition but also mentioned that JLR have gone quiet so fingers crossed that all is on plan! A couple of them just got back from a test drive and judging with how enthusiastic he was about on road and off road it should be a great vehicle. They had Audi's and Volvo's to compare against on the test drive and he felt that the LR blew them away in every aspect.