Disco5 without a sunroof, Noise issues?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
geolander

Post by geolander »

Hello Gents,
I've just placed an order for a disco5 SD4 HSE, but like everything else in Norway everything is an option (base price is 90 000 GBP here, so bear that in mind).

I have not opted for the sunroof, can anyone without a sunroof on their disco5 tell me if road noise is an issue? i was warned by the dealer than some ranger rover sports without the sunroof had road noise issues and hence he suggested to go for it to make sure..

:?:

driverjess

Post by driverjess »

What??
Sounds like a con?

Jess
geolander

Post by geolander »

as in excessive road noise, especially from the resonance from going through tunnels (we have a lot of them here).

apparently the aluminium roof is not as optimal as the sunroof in terms of its sound insulating properties..
geolander

Post by geolander »

anyone?
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Mines a all metal roof can't say I've noticed any increased noise but then I've not been through a tunnel or likely to go through one of any significance. So sorry can't help you.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Sinky100

Post by Sinky100 »

I complained to my dealer about noise issues with the RRS(2014) without the sunroof that I currently have. It is as mentioned only really noticable when passing through tunnels, which is Glasgow is a total of 1!

Have ordered the D5 with a sunroof, so glad to hear that it may solve this issue,
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

As previously stated my roof all metal and noticed whilst washing how thin it is. It really flexes when you press it.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
geolander

Post by geolander »

Thanks guys, I'll opt in for the sunroof as a precaution then.