Help!!! Quality issues...

All Discovery 5 related discussions
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

Mine is Namib Orange with Glacier White interior with the 22inch Dynamic pack. Love the looks and definitely looks better in the flesh.

I have had it for almost a week. And every day I learn something new about the functionality and settings of the car. I am genuinely impressed.

In my opinion, The Discovery is a car you buy with your heart rather than your head.

slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

A couple of pics of my colour combination

LR2.jpg

LR interior.jpg

Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Looks great!
Still awaiting dealer to offer a solution as I'm rejecting the First Edition. Matte trim is awfully marked and will continue to do so..... hopefully gloss finish is less prone to marking!
Problem is it costs more to spec HSE lux to First Edition spec.!
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I looked at the First Edition Spec before and to be honest, there are only a few extra features the First Edition has over the HSE Lux, such as the auto parking, rear cooling seats, fridge, activity key.

Personally, those extra features are not important to me.

The orange paint with white interior, dynamic pack and side steps are more important to me than the First Edition spec.

The exterior styling is quite important to me and I feel the First Editions just look like any other Discovery
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

Surely I'm not the only one out there experiencing problems with the grey matte trim on NON dynamic design pack cars?! Im still in a courtesy disco 5-our 2nd one and the trim I already badly marked afer only a few mikes. Front and rear bumper trim, wheel arch trims, etc. Also noticed problems inside cars-lower glovebox, dashboard-all got non removeable scratch marks. There's obviously a problem with the plastics and mouldings they are using! Comments please....
neil421

Post by neil421 »

i bought 2 new hse lux one black and one silicon silver , issues so far , wife's car has had engine management light on since day 2 , used the landrover tech button in roof.

LR technician came out said a PDI check box not ticked, fault cleared , next day came back on again taken to dealership was in for 4 days said was fixed delivered it back, went out to move it and light came back on been in dealer ever since. wife has used car for 3 days in the past month been in garage the rest, sensors replaced a hose was routed incorrectly and split , they are now saying water ingress to wiring in the rear wheel arches!!!

black one is ok apart from the following:

gesture tailgate hit or miss don't take option

DAB is awful

phone app for seats does not work

software for infotainment system seems like it needs an upgrade already very slow in responding .

leather seats wrinkling already.

i know this is a new car but for the price of them they should have got it right , jury's out on the car right now.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

I've got a Santorini Black SE with Black pack and I agree that the general quality of finish is poor. The rear grey bumper is ugly (and it's not clear that they are light grey on the car configurator - still waiting for a reply from LR re that) and cheap looking. The bumper isn't fitted correctly on one side with the result that the seal slides between the bumper and the bodywork. There is a small scuff on my bumper which I rubbed with my thumb and in doing so slightly scratched the bumper with my very short thumb nail-they certainly are not robust.
Internally the lower glove box is very flimsy - it feels like something from a 1990's VW polo and there's a gap between the leather seat and the side trim so you can see the seat wiring.
And the keyless entry locking system is dreadful - my D4 locked first time every time when I put my thumb on the handle - this takes about 5 tries. If there's a knack to it I'd appreciate it if someone could share.
p4vvs

Post by p4vvs »

Betsy,

Agree with you on all counts, did the same thing on the back bumper grey and scratched it too, also agree that it was not this colour on the configurator, was expecting darker or black, please keep us informed on what JLR say as I will get in touch with them too. i have a santorini black with black pack too and the car looks nice but quality is not up to the standard I would expect.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Slickmick. What do you think Of the sidesteps with the black pack. Also are the steps useful. My wife struggles to get in so maybe considering getting some steps. Also a couple more pics please so I can see the steps. Thanks.
Cgsmith

Post by Cgsmith »

As I said before there must be a serious issue with the plastics they are using on these cars. The marks on all the Discovery 5s I've seen without the dynamic pack and including the 2 courtesy cars I've had, are totally unacceptable. The interior and exterior plastics are marked and mark so easily and cannot be removed?! LR are fully aware of this issue now so we will wait and see what happens. These marks are present before the vehicles have even ventured off road!!!