Under Floor Storage

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Fritzz

Post by Fritzz »

Does anyone have the 5 seat version? Wondering if there is accessible storage space under the floor (i.e., where seats 6 and 7 would otherwise be). Any insight or a photo would be much appreciated.

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

No five seat option here in the U.K.
Fritzz

Post by Fritzz »

Yeah - I'm in the US so am considering the 5 seat version since I don't need 7. Was hoping that someone (somewhere ) may have seen a 5 seat version. The Discos are just starting to appear in showrooms here, but all are fully loaded 7 seaters and even the sales staff cant answer my question.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I would personally have loved the option of a 5 seat version also the opportunity of saving about £3k. But as above we in the UK don't get the option.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Craigp,

I same conversation with my dealer today who said you will want it with 7 for resale value. I said couldn't give 2 whoots about whos going to buy it off me considering I don't even have it yet. jeeezzz. I have been told all AUS builds for first batch anyway are all 7 seats
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Lee as I said before out of 7 years of owning a aD3/4 I've only had 7 people in for a week and in all honesty I have never seen 7 people in a disco. Admittedly I don't do a school run so that may be part of it. And I take your point why would you want to spec and pay a extra £ 3k for somebody else down the line. Which you will get back about £500 dosnt make sense. Loire blue really nice by the way. I had one.

IMAG0233.jpg

3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Clearly does depend on your usage. I love the fact that when my parents come to stay, we can all go out in one car. Wife also goes out with friend and her kids for day's out and they all fit in one car.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Craigp thank you for the pic. The blue really shines in the sun. I am still unsure of the nimbus/expresso interior but time will tell. Just visited Dealer this morning they had a corris grey with black interior and WOW it really really was nice. I saw an namib one on Thursday night in a shopping center. The lights in their didn't do it any favors.
Fritzz

Post by Fritzz »

Found an answer to my original question. In case anyone else wants to know, on the 5 seat version, there is storage under the floor where the 3rd row seat would otherwise be. See the video here (about 19 minutes in);

https://youtu.be/jIoiMczpjD4