Delivery Question

All Discovery 5 related discussions
AdeMartin1970

Post by AdeMartin1970 »

Seems I must be one of the lucky ones on the forum.
Ordered 18th Feb with a May 22nd delivery date. Received a call from my dealer last week to say build had been brought forward to mid April.
He rang back yesterday to say it had been built and was in transit and would be there today!!!
I had to pop down and sign final paperwork as they had the VIN number and would register it before April 1st.

Overall had 3 wins. Early delivery, saved on new road tax and they upped my trade in value ยฃ1288 ๐Ÿ˜€

One happy bunny here waiting for his Corrus grey with black pack.

glasgow1

Post by glasgow1 »

Update: After being told my delivery date was 14th April, just had a call from dealer to say that it will be in on Friday in time to register it before 1st April. Turned out okay after all!
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

Watch this space II
Delivery still not done!
They say they their additional drivers on standby to PU vehicle(s) from Solihull.
However -
Send us an e-mail authorising them to register and tax the vehicle as they have the VIN etc but no car on site.
Plus sign and scan order form - as not done previously.
So still a chance of March reg??

Jess
Sinky100

Post by Sinky100 »

Hi,
Seems that I am in for a wait. Ordered my D5 at the beginning of January, with a confirmed build date w/e 24th of March. Received a call last Thursday to say that the build is delayed, and he has "no clue when it will be built and delivered".
There was a suggestion that delays were being caused by quality issues with the back 5 electric seats; not sure if that is correct.
Cheers,
Iain
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

As I've said many times. Original build 17th March delivery 31st March. Sadly car not showing as built and no idea when it will be. I've been made several promises which have fallen through. 1/ will be here 31st 2/ even if it dosnt arrive you will def be able to register 3/ we will loan you a D5 until yours arrives 4/ we will loan you a vehicle with tow bar so you can go on your already booked holiday.
I keep asking why mine is not being built ordered early October says he dosnt know and what's really pissing me off is that he feels he is answering my question by saying he dosnt know. I would rather he was straight with me instead of bull shitting. I could go on and on but rant over.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
slickmick168

Post by slickmick168 »

I ordered a HSE Lux in January, and I will be picking it up on 7th April. so not sure why some people ordered theirs before me and need to wait longer?!?
I also asked them to register before 1st April but was told it wasnt possible
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I have heard, only on forums mind, that the problem is the electric tow bar. I have asked my dealer to confirm what the issue is but he dosnt seem to understand the question just keeps showing me the computer screen and saying look no change. Hopefully he will have some answers Monday. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
Sinky100

Post by Sinky100 »

Bugger- I ordered the electric tow bar.... :oops:
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Call from dealer today. Apparently mine is showing as built. Will get a Update Thursday. Got the feeling that our relationship as somehow soured. After my little tantrum the other day . Either that or he's reading my post on here or the other site that shall remain nameless.
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

So has anyone any idea what are the reasons for any extended period between build and delivery???

Jess