5 Seats

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Does anybody have or have ordered the car with 5 Seats. Up until yesterday I was told I had ordered it with only 5 seats. Something about the website.. ie I had no idea. So now I am seriously thinking do I really need 7 seats. I have 3 kids. 1 almost 18 and will be driving her own car. I do plan on decking the beast out for 4x4 adventures..

Any pics or info would be helpful.

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Lee where are you based. I'm under the impression that 5 seats only, is not a option in UK.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Im in Aus. I was shocked after being told. I was like well what the f#$k have I ordered then. Its like the First Edition Loved the look but it didnt have Heads up display. Why not. Something I really wanted. I was told by the dealer to order the Lux and option it.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Hey Lee. Not an option here in the U.K. And also wouldn't be worth as much come resale time with only five seats. Is it extra then for you to have seven seats.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

In fairness I'd happily go with a 5 seater had disco3/4's for 7 years now used the 3 row seats about 5 times . Obviously I would be looking for a good price reduction. What is the difference Lee?
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Are we sitting down its an extra 5k to have that 3rd row.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

😲 Bloody he'll. Is that $ or £. I'll sell you mine for 4k. Mind postage might be a problem.
I wish I could have spec'd mine with those kind of savings. See having no mates does have its benifits.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

LOL Craig I'll be your mate. I have decided not to get the 3rd row to save money and kids are getting older now so its not a priority. Also I can build my 4x4 draws and have them stay in the car now.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Wow. That's about £3000. Yes save the cash mate.
Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Keep In mind, it would also be a bit lighter without the extra seats, hardware and motors. And you can install that cool trunk cage/divider that only fits the 5 seater.