Disco Dynamic Design Pack at Geneva

All Discovery 5 related discussions
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Went to Geneva Motor Show on Friday (go every year on my tod - good day out). Was delighted to finally see a Disco in the flesh with 22' Dynamic Design Pack. We chose it and ever since I've been a bit concerned about it. Having now seen it in the flesh, it looks very good indeed (in my eyes). Roll on another fortnight or so until we see ours......

Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Must admit that looks very nice.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
AdeMartin1970

Post by AdeMartin1970 »

Looks Great. Even in White.
Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Did the glossy trim look durable? I'm leaning towards the 21" Dynamic but I will be taking mine off road two or threee times a year and I'm a bit worried that the glossy trim will show wear more quickly than the matte black. I also sure wish they didn't have the Indus silver panels on the bottom. Not sure how that will look with Carpathian grey. But like the interior more with Dynamic, and I think the 21" dark grey wheels will look good with the Carpathian.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Huxey sounds like we have the same problems. i love the dynamic interior and have same concerns re glossy trim. Also I am not a fan of the 2 tone color. ie the black roof. I would prefer the same color for the car with the option of choosing dynamic interior. Its very frustrating to be honest.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

Can't see any reason why the gloss trim should be any worse to be honest. I agree with the silver panels but have agreed with wife that if we don't get on with them, will just get them wrapped in a darker colour. Had my BMW covered with PPF and I suspect we'll probably do the same with exposed bits on the Disco as our current one gets a lot of abuse and I can't see new one being any different.

Dynamic interior is lovely. We have so many marks on our Disco 4 from light headlining I wanted to go dark. With the sunroofs, it's fine - was a bit worried would be too dark.

21" wheels look great. If we were ordering again, I'd probably go with them to be honest. Just looked awful on configurator and so much better in flesh (press cars in Utah had them).

I actually like two tone roof :-)
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Thanks for the pics. I've got a dynamic on 22s in Aruba with the Nimbus/ blue stitched seats on order. .Did you get any interior shots? I'm intrigued to see the metal trim detail. Thanks. Phil.
Frp1

Post by Frp1 »

I saw a black disco with design pack last week, it was heading north on the M18 on a transporter. It looked nice.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I loved the idea of 21" wheel, but the tyre option for all terrain tyres is limited. General grabber don't make a 21" semi off road tyre. I have General Grabber AT on my D4 and it transforms the off road capability. I have gone for the 20" so I can put some proper tyres on, when i have chewed through the Pirelli's which normally takes about 10K
Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Gus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 am I loved the idea of 21" wheel, but the tyre option for all terrain tyres is limited. General grabber don't make a 21" semi off road tyre. I have General Grabber AT on my D4 and it transforms the off road capability. I have gone for the 20" so I can put some proper tyres on, when i have chewed through the Pirelli's which normally takes about 10K
Hey Gus. I've basically come to the same conclusion. Unless I want to put A/T tires on dedicated 17" or 18" wheels, which is easy to do. Especially considering I usually have a second set of winter wheels anyway. Decisions, decisions! If I could get that dark grey in 20", along with black roof and Dynamic interior, then the decision would be made. First world problems. :D