Questions for the group...

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Hi guys. Looking for feedback on the following:

Cooler Compartment - Think it's a good option? I value centre console storage. Does the cooler bin have less volume than the regular storage bin? Does it actually keep drinks chilled? I'm probably gonna skip this option but curious as to your thoughts.

Massage seats - Have any of you had massage seats on a RR or LR before? Worth having? Do the First Editions have massage seats?

Short middle row seats - it came up that the seat cushions are only 17" long, which is very short for such a large SUV. I noticed one person saying he found them uncomfortable. Any of you tested them out?

Diesel vs Supercharged - have any of you tested both of the 6's? Would like to get your thoughts on power, acceleration, etc. Diesels are not popular in a North Maerica but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna get. But my current 300hp/300torque X5 is peppy and I don't want to feel like I've stepped down in power. And interestingly the towing capabilities are a jot higher with the petrol, which I find surprising.

Wheel size - I plan on actually taking my Disco5 on some very rough roads several times a year. So I opted for the 20" (and will likely buy some A/T wheels and tires at a later date). But I'm tempted to get the Dynamic Pack with the 21" satin grey. Have you found there to be a noticeable difference in ride quality and off road capabilities on the 20s vs. the 21s?

Really appreciate any comments from you.

Cheers.

Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Huxey,

I can't comment on too much in AUS we are only offered the Diesel Option. I am going to look into getting the ECU remapped. There is a lot of companies that do that and the results are fantastic.. sometimes up towards 30% more power and torque.
Deleted User 316

Post by Deleted User 316 »

Hi Huxey,
Cooler compartment seems to be good. I put some water and coke in and it keeps them pretty cold so come the warmer weather I think this is a good option to have. First editions don't have massage seats - heating and cooling only but both work really well.

No complaints from my kids on the seats but I'd agree for adults they are a little shorter.

Haven't driven the supercharged but pretty pleased with the 3L diesel. Good power when you need it and nice and quiet. I have the first edition so wheels are 22" - Ride quality is surprisingly good but guess 20" would be even better.

Hope that helps,
Mike