Interested to know order, build and expected delivery dates?

All Discovery 5 related discussions
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

Hi Guys,

Turbo I wouldn't stress about a week. My build date was suppose to be 30 June, I now have been told by the dealer. Quote.. Good News... My order has been placed.. Delivery is now 24 of August.. f%$@ me.

I did mention that is not good news.. are you on drugs I said..

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

Oh no Lee. That's not good. Why is that do you know.
Lee Jackson

Post by Lee Jackson »

I think a combination of lets try and get as many orders as we can then we will sort out builds. So not sure but a bit sneaky really.
gtsussex

Post by gtsussex »

I put down deposit last October and car has just arrived at the dealers - collecting next Friday. To be honest, I wasn't expecting so see anything for at least a month so bit of a surprise (although haven't got round to selling Disco 4 yet as we needed it for holiday so looks like with have to trade in).
donott

Post by donott »

Deposit of £2000!!!! taken with order 14/11/16, ordered First edition model as told by the local dealers that these would be made first. Explained to dealer that we planned a special anniversary trip to the Alps last week in March and only purchasing the First edition due to these being the first made. Told by the dealer in mid February the car was built in January, they were expecting it in any day and it was going to be the first one to arrive at their dealership. Told we would not be able to pick it up until 1/3/2107 as JLR did not want them released until the 1st. The dealers did not contact us leading up to the collection day so we contacted them to ask what time we could come in on the first of March. Things then changed to an aggressive response from the dealers saying (among other rude outbursts) they do not know the delivery date but expect it in before a target date of the 17/3/17. After a seemingly lack of interest from the dealers we contacted JLR to see if they could help on expected delivery they responded to say they expected a delivery date of around 17th March and would place the car on priority. Not getting any update on delivery date we recontacted JLR Customer Relations on the 14th March to ask the question again by this time we have a case number and specific person. On the 17th the very polite case person calls me and tells me she can not inform me of a delivery date as production department can't tell her, she seemed to have tried hard to get answers for us but could not. No one can actual tell us why we are not getting the car or seem particularly bothered. Anyone else getting the same response? Terrible purchasing experience, totally miss informed, JLR not able communicate between the departments and lack of customer service from the dealers. After the purchase of 3 Defenders, 2 Freelanders, 3 Range Rovers 4 Discoverys over the years this may well be the last one or maybe will cancel the order.

Ordered 14 November 2016
Built January 2016 or so we were told.
Delivery date 1st March 2017, then before 17 March, now JLR don't know.
First Edition 3.0 td6 Black
turboextreme

Post by turboextreme »

It is apparent that regardless of the date that you ordered the car you will get it once they have built that particular model not on an order date priority basis. I ordered mine in the first week of October last year and probably won't see it till mid April if I am lucky but no rush at the moment as I haven't sold my old car yet, this isn't the point though.

The problem isn't just JLR I have also experienced it with Nissan when I ordered the facelift 2015 370Z Nismo around the time that it was announced for a September 14 release. Waited and waited for order confirmation and the dealer couldn't confirm a date, a few weeks went by and still nothing; then I notice on one of the forums that someone had taken delivery of a new facelift 370Z Nismo when I had placed my order way before he did. Of course I got on to the dealer who said yes they have cars in the system but not mine. They cancelled the order and ordered it again, I received it within a couple of weeks.

Got to call the dealer on Monday to see where my Discovery build status is currently at.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

There is a guy on the disco5 forum who's having a similar problem with the first edition. Although I seem to think his is built but they won't deliver for whatever reason. And then you hear tales of people walking into dealers in January/February and have already taken delivery. Most frustrating.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
Kja

Post by Kja »

Yes - per my previous post. Ordered 1st edition on 2nd October. Build date confirmed as 27th January. Expected to pick car up on 4th March -- no show, and vehicle disappeared off JLR system. Dealer pursuing JLR for updates- radio silence. Had reset expectation for collection 18th March - car still not arrived. Went in to see dealer again (regular visitor and caller) on Saturday. My car showing as off the production line but no one apparently knows where it is or why it isn't being released. Another customer that I know that was waiting for his First edition ended up accepting a vehicle that they had to swap in from another dealer's showroom stock. I have been told that the area manager for JLR now on the case as risk of no car before end of this month (when the road tax will hike!). Fingers crossed for an update from them early this week. JLR customer communications have been woeful - really letting down the sales and customer experience. If car cannot be made available before end of the month I'm having my deposit back and cancelling the order.

A real shame as I have been so excited about this car - it's taken the edge off the whole buying experience. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!!
driverjess

Post by driverjess »

A few more for March delivery around ??

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds? ... earTo=2017

Jess
turboextreme

Post by turboextreme »

In the end I have cancelled mine, one I can't be bothered with the lack of information in regards to when I am going to get it and delays, two I am not sold on the look of it and three I am leaving the UK for pastures new in around a years time so saving my money instead; plus I have no kids just two dogs.