Hello all

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
RyanRC

Post by RyanRC »

Hello all

As I just joined the forum and as it is appropriate, am making my first post to introduce myself.

I live in the US in the state of Connecticut, in the lower Fairfield area. Currently I am driving my 2002 Blazer Zr2 which only has about 73k miles on it and is really good shape for its age and has been a really great vehicle for me for many years, but it is getting old and so I currently am planning to get one of the new 2017 Discovery's hopefully towards the end of this year.

Am really glad I found this board as it will be nice to read about the goods and the bad's of the SUV as well as be able to ask questions on it as things go along and all with people who actually own one and especially as its really is a completely new model an as such does not have a lot of history.

All in all I think it will really help me plan out my order so I am very much looking forward to all I can learn here.

Thanks greatly.

Huxey

Post by Huxey »

Welcome. I was supposed to get mine 'late spring' but my instincts are telling me it will likely be late fall. Some good information on here, but in fairness I've learned more from YouTube. This is not the most responsive forum at present. Cheers.
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

Hi Ryan welcome to the forum. I'm presently waiting on my D5 its a week or so overdue which wouldn't normally be a massive problem except we have had a major change to our road tax duty so this slip has potentially cost me £1200 over 5 years. Once again welcome.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.
RyanRC

Post by RyanRC »

Hey guys thanks greatly for the welcomes.

Yeah, I can get how the forum is kinda slow now. Would expect it to pick up once its for sale all over the globe. I know for me in CT in the US the dealership is not expecting them for another month or two, least that was the story a month or two ago when I was last there. But they did said they had quite a few on order already and I think with the great reviews its been getting I am sure there will be more.

For my area there is a lot of money around (sadly not as much in my pockets though) but aside, when I walk the about 1 block to lunch everyday I must see about 20-30 full size LR's go by in that time as they just are everywhere.

We seem to have mostly the full size and the LR Sport and LR4's and quite a few of the Evoque's but very few of the Discovery Sports.

The Disco Sport was what I first was going to get, but when I really looked one over at the dealer I realized it was just a little to on the small side for the carrying capacity in the back then I needed, plus too the 5 had just been announced a month or so before so I thought I would go for that.

Is more money but I think for my needs it really fits the bill way better.

Way I look it, if for what I would have spent on the DS Sport (as they are not cheap either) was that, but then it came up short all over...seemed like then I was wasting all that money. So the 5 maybe more, but I think I'm really getting way more bang for that buck over the DS Sport.

Anyways, guess my point to all this is, I think once this SUV gets out there and starts getting seen and seen that it has all the more money ones have but just at a tad lower price, it will sell huge.

So again, thanks for the welcomes and hopefully we will cross paths again.

Oh and best of luck with all your 5's
Craigp

Post by Craigp »

I drove the DS whilst my at present D4 was having some work done. I thought it ok but not half as nice as the D5. It just feels so much roomier also thought the 6 cylinder diesel so much smoother then the 4 pot diesel on the DS. Hope you get to drive one soon. Note there are other D5 forums. Let's say more established. However I do like set up of this one. Very easy to navigate and post.
3litre SE. Monticello Red. Electric deployable tow bar.